Close

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Registered User mitchlikesbikes's Avatar
    if i'm moderately rolled up front, with 17 X 8.5 +38 wheels and 235/40 or 235/45s, will i rub up front at full lock? this is assuming i'm only running 2 degrees or so of camber. don't want much more than that..

Registered User Her-Name's-Ally's Avatar
    I love my 225s but I kind of feel like my car is a small fraction slower? more friction = less speed? <-- I dont think so

I guess you would have to account for the added weight even if slight of a bigger tire.

More weight is slower, no doubt about that.

But in the corners is where you +1

Swap+/Boost it and call it a day

should have my car finished up and in this thread by next week. 235/45s on 17x8s and BC racing coilovers. awhhhhh yeah!

NICE

What offset you running?

Can't wait to see that. Did you do the inverted tie rods?

+38

and no inverted tie rods. would like to do hardrace RCAs and T1R inverted tie rods at some point though. just not in the funds right now

More pics !!!

Quote Originally Posted by soquel1 View Post
    More pics !!!
    I should be able to get some decent pics of my car soon. Running 225/50R16 Z1 Star Specs. What I love about running a beefier setup is that the tires fit right inside the fender at the top, but just outside of the fender on the bottom because of the EP3's aggressive turnunder on the doors and rockers (turnunder is the way that the sides of the car sweep inwards closer to the ground). It looks SO MUCH BETTER than this Hellaflush negative camber malarky, so aggressive and purposeful. Especially with my OEM splashguards. Almost like it was meant to be that way.

Quote Originally Posted by eccramer View Post
    I should be able to get some decent pics of my car soon. Running 225/50R16 Z1 Star Specs. What I love about running a beefier setup is that the tires fit right inside the fender at the top, but just outside of the fender on the bottom because of the EP3's aggressive turnunder on the doors and rockers (turnunder is the way that the sides of the car sweep inwards closer to the ground). It looks SO MUCH BETTER than this Hellaflush negative camber malarky, so aggressive and purposeful. Especially with my OEM splashguards. Almost like it was meant to be that way.
    Well said, and I could not agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by eccramer View Post

Plus 2

Looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by 03civicdopejmd View Post
    225-50 dunlops more like 235

16x8et38- bc rsd's finger gabs

P3184213 by <StevieG>, on Flickr

P3073961 by <StevieG>, on Flickr

298929_286467588035233_100000159810754_1364117_174 5443_n by <StevieG>, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Her-Name's-Ally View Post
    I love my 225s but I kind of feel like my car is a small fraction slower? more friction = less speed? <-- I dont think so
    different circumference of the 225s compared to the oem size. changes the gearing.

going from a 215/45/17 back to my 2003 oem wheels with 205/55/15, the car felt noticably quicker. but thats due to a 3.1% difference. not sure what your set up is.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchlikesbikes View Post
    should have my car finished up and in this thread by next week. 235/45s on 17x8s and BC racing coilovers. awhhhhh yeah!
    Damn, 45 series! Serious BEEF over there. I'm stoked to see your car man. Are your fenders rolled at all yet?

Quote Originally Posted by whatsvtec View Post
    Damn, 45 series! Serious BEEF over there. I'm stoked to see your car man. Are your fenders rolled at all yet?

nope, that's part of today's agenda. thinking of doing a partial trim and then a roll so i don't have so much metal to fold over.

what do you guys think? should i go that route or just trim them all the way to flush?

edit: ended up trimming like 1/4" off the rears then rolling the rest. gonna try to roll them a bit further tomorrow along with rolling the fronts a bit if i have time before work.

worst case scenario, i can't roll either any more than they are and if necessary i just phonebook them after it's all said and done. i guess we'll see!
    Last edited by mitchlikesbikes; 06-22-2012 at 01:15 AM.

I was running 205/40/17, got sick of all the hard bumps so found a new setup.
    Right now I have 16x7 with 225/50/16 up front, and 205/55/16 in the rear. With a 2" drop front, and around 1.5" in the rear.
    I'll probably roll my rears sometime soon, but I had to play around with my splash guard upfront to reduce some of the rubbing.
    But I love the ride quality!

I want those "Cool Stance Bro" stickers! lol

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information