Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    ephatch member

949racing 6UL 15x9

anybody running those in the front? thinking about getting those for autox....either 225/45/15 or 275/35/15....post pics if you have them on a ep...!

Thanks

Miata guys rock those.. I actually like them but they are to small.

-Rob

Damn, that nickel finish looks niiiiiiice :D

That look nice dude just think they are a little to small for the EP3!!!

ephatch member
    nickel finish will be my last choices.....black/bronze first be my first two pick.....

options are very limited with 4x100.....the only other wide enough is rpf1 16x8 ....but 245/45/16 i think its a bit too tall..... plus im not getting those for look.... 15x9 weight in at 12.7 lbs ftw

ephatch member
    Quote Originally Posted by 27rocks View Post
    Miata guys rock those.. I actually like them but they are to small.
    i know....i used to own a ffs na miata...= )

Quote Originally Posted by udontknowjack View Post
    nickel finish will be my last choices.....black/bronze first be my first two pick.....

options are very limited with 4x100.....the only other wide enough is rpf1 16x8 ....but 245/45/16 i think its a bit too tall..... plus im not getting those for look.... 15x9 weight in at 12.7 lbs ftw
    Exactly! Wide and light FTMFW!

I saw a miata with these the other day. I say go for it, although I'm confused on your tire choices.. you'd have tremendous wheel gap with such small tires, or no gap, and completely fucked suspension geometry from being on 15s with a 35 profile tire.. Don't you think 50 walls would do you better? Say 245/50?

whoooooa, missed the bit about running a 35-series tire.
    I'm assuming the idea of running such a low profile is to avoid rubbing. Running something as wide as a x9 wheel with big beefy tires to boot is (I think ) just asking for fender rubbing issues. So I could see where the thought to run lower-profile tires comes from.
    So yeah, how bad would this be for geometry? Just for autox, so maybe it doesn't matter that much...seems counter-intuitive, though.

Something like this...

\____/

Lol

I'd love to run some of their wheels, but 15s won't fit over my Wilwood kit, and their 17" wheels only come in 5 lug. :(

ephatch member
    Quote Originally Posted by BeaterEP View Post
    whoooooa, missed the bit about running a 35-series tire.
    I'm assuming the idea of running such a low profile is to avoid rubbing. Running something as wide as a x9 wheel with big beefy tires to boot is (I think ) just asking for fender rubbing issues. So I could see where the thought to run lower-profile tires comes from.
    So yeah, how bad would this be for geometry? Just for autox, so maybe it doesn't matter that much...seems counter-intuitive, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by ep3jd View Post
    I saw a miata with these the other day. I say go for it, although I'm confused on your tire choices.. you'd have tremendous wheel gap with such small tires, or no gap, and completely fucked suspension geometry from being on 15s with a 35 profile tire.. Don't you think 50 walls would do you better? Say 245/50?
    wheel gap have nothing to do with performance which its what im after.... according to mr ep3 suspension dude (Mustclime) with our car anything lower than .75 will fucked up our car's suspension geometry.... i want my car to handle not look good.... always modds all my cars that way

in autox you want to jam the biggest/widest tires you can..... and weight is your worst enemy....with 4x100 that 02 ep3 came with the widest tires i can go with will be 275/35/15 hoosier....and i dont drive those on street....

He's also a full blown suspension ride height nazi.. Look at SHG_EasyE, he's low and his car performs great.
    Last edited by mario543k20; 12-11-2008 at 11:34 PM.

ephatch member
    maybe i'll slam it when i get the buddy club rsd..... but i wont lower my car becuz of wheel gap.... i can careless about that....

You can lower a car and still make it handle great. There are more supporting parts you will have to buy in order to achieve that but you can still make it handle. And everything Mustclime is referring to is basically if you are keeping most stock suspension parts.
    I used to get bad feedback from people all the time about my car because it wasn't low enough or it was to low to perform. I set it up to perform and did the minimum to get it all back to stock geometry and everything came out fantastic and the car turns like its on rails. Not to mention in 2008 i won my auto-x class with flying colors and i only went out there to f**K around i don't even like the stupid thing. I would much rather go out to a track and play out there all day.

-Rob

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information