Close

CEL for Random/Multiple Miss

Guys im having some issues with my EP, every so often id get a CEL for a cylinder 1 through 4 miss and a random/multiple miss code, the car idles fine and full throttle there is no hiccups, my part throttle driveability has been suffering, bucking, lurching, etc. While on the dyno we had no choice but to swap my TPS out for a cheap omni, and my tuner warned me they are hit or miss. im wondering if this could be my issue? im swapping to a stock virgin throttle body tomorrow but my tuner also told me to try disabling emissions error checking in kpro? i havent done it yet as i dont have a laptop

Quote Originally Posted by 04EP3Hatch View Post
    Guys im having some issues with my EP, every so often id get a CEL for a cylinder 1 through 4 miss and a random/multiple miss code, the car idles fine and full throttle there is no hiccups, my part throttle driveability has been suffering, bucking, lurching, etc. While on the dyno we had no choice but to swap my TPS out for a cheap omni, and my tuner warned me they are hit or miss. im wondering if this could be my issue? im swapping to a stock virgin throttle body tomorrow but my tuner also told me to try disabling emissions error checking in kpro? i havent done it yet as i dont have a laptop
    who did you have tune the car? I would start with the new throttle body- those TPS sensors are known to be a headache when they go bad. I dont think emissions checking would be messing with your tune unless it keeps throwing the car in limp mode- but you would be getting codes for that. you have a cat on your down-pipe or no? have you checked your plugs?

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    Damn Dan. I got the same codes as u last night. Our EP's might be connectd

Limp mode sucks. When it does that you will experience major stalling and lurching issues. Could be running rich, or faulty injectors. Check the latency timing for the injectors you have.

the omni tps unit is legit - oem quality

other units...not so much

Thread Information