Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: install q

install q

Can some please enlighten me on how to reach the bottom right hand bolt and the bottom center bolt that for the intake manifold side of the JRSC. I have the throttle body inlet part of the jrsc removed for somewhat easier access, but I still cant seem find a way to get a wrench or wobble socket on that bottom right bolt, and I can't even get the bolt in the hole for the bottom center. It's too long, do I cut it?

For the center one i used a ratcheting wrench and for the bottom right i cannot remember but i did have a hard time trying to retighten it and couldnt remember how i did it before

I'm thinking I have an older model of jrsc, it came off an ep3, but it looks slightly different than pics. Installation has gone smooth up until this point. The OEM img bolts are too long to fit between the lip on the supercharger and the block, so I can't get it in the hole (only button center bolt), otherwise I could tighten it. I tried a shorter bolt, but it pulled the threads. The bottom right is just in a real awkward spot. I'm gonna try removing splash guards and hopefully going from underneath..

i pulled the radiator- made reaching everything a whole lot easier. also made a triangular manifold brace since the ep charger doesnt come with one like the rsx.

Quote Originally Posted by differentK View Post
    i pulled the radiator- made reaching everything a whole lot easier. also made a triangular manifold brace since the ep charger doesnt come with one like the rsx.
    Yes i removed the rad support and just removed the top bolts of the ac condesor and radiator so i can pull slighty from top and get a bit more of reach not much but an extra inch always helps ;) haha
    But yea dont pull too hard if u leave the hoses in place
    As far as a bolt not going in there was a bad design for clearance on the bolts imo because i remember when i bought my used sc it had, i think, 2 bolts in place already on the bottom side that wouldnt come out... I wanted to switch since i got longer bolts to conpensate for the hondata im gasket therefore i would get the same thread engagement...

got it in! ran into another issue. The rc 440 injectors that i got with the kit do not fit the wiring harness, the plug is squared off, and the stock ones have a roundness too them..
    Quote Originally Posted by gamma6 View Post
    Yes i removed the rad support and just removed the top bolts of the ac condesor and radiator so i can pull slighty from top and get a bit more of reach not much but an extra inch always helps ;) haha
    But yea dont pull too hard if u leave the hoses in place
    As far as a bolt not going in there was a bad design for clearance on the bolts imo because i remember when i bought my used sc it had, i think, 2 bolts in place already on the bottom side that wouldnt come out... I wanted to switch since i got longer bolts to conpensate for the hondata im gasket therefore i would get the same thread engagement...

Nice, yeah i thought about that, thats alot of weight to be pulling on the head without a brace. i ended up grinding a bolt down a little and getting it in finally!

ok so i found that I need adapter clips, which I will order. In the mean time, is it dangerous if I run the stock injectors as long as I don't go too high on rpm's? I can set it in kpro accordingly. Or I was reading you can modify stock injectors, but that sounds outta my league

i would be very careful if you do run the stock injectors- those are 270cc and you risk running super lean. i would overnight the appropriate clips if you can. do you have the race kit with kpro btw?

Yes, race Witt kpro, i'm gonna put my 310 injectors in the mean time. I ordered clips tonight. Running stock right now with no issues but keeping it under 5krpm

I paid for overnight shipping :D It already runs better with the 310 injectors than the 270, but I'm still babying it under 4500 rpm and no more than half throttle. Should I enable lean protection?
    i would be very careful if you do run the stock injectors- those are 270cc and you risk running super lean. i would overnight the appropriate clips if you can. do you have the race kit with kpro btw?

Can't you shave the head on the injectors to make them rounded I know I had that issue with my injectors to make them fit on BDL fuel rail, just curious

Sent from MANNY KID 15 using Tapatalk

I thought that, but even the pins are located slightly higher within the clip, so I was afraid to damage anything. I ordered the adapters, but I might look at them again tomorrow and see if I can get them in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manny Kid 15 View Post
    Can't you shave the head on the injectors to make them rounded I know I had that issue with my injectors to make them fit on BDL fuel rail, just curious

Sent from MANNY KID 15 using Tapatalk

i would just take it easy until your clips arrive. just an FYI- you can modify your OEM 270cc and 310cc injectors so they flow 490cc and 520cc... just another option if your 440s are giving you problems.

http://www.xproductionz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3769

Dude, that is awesome, i'm going that route just bc it flows higher and I noticed a tad of decay on the end of the RC injectors where they spray. probably due to ethanol in gas.
    i would just take it easy until your clips arrive. just an FYI- you can modify your OEM 270cc and 310cc injectors so they flow 490cc and 520cc... just another option if your 440s are giving you problems.

http://www.xproductionz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3769

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information