Quote Originally Posted by freeme62410 View Post
I'm curious about this water bottle technique! After everything I've described, would a deteriorating fuel pump fit the description of the problems I've described? It was getting worse and worse. I was driving down the road and giving it the same amount of throttle the whole time, it would at one moment run at around 14.2, and then for no reason go to 18-20, and then go back down to mid 14's. It seemed sporadic. It would, for the most part, idle normally (except a few high and lows here and there), but as soon as I go to give it throttle, it would bog out and run lean, ESPECIALLY if I gave it heavy throttle it would immediately jump up a/f lean lean. Then it started stalling out, and starting it became a problem as well. It would turn over for ten seconds before actually starting. I'm no mechanic, but that sure sounds like fuel to me! But the pump is new, and I hear walbro is very reliable, and i hear the pump priming, so I'm praying that it isn't something else stopping fuel. I know a clogged line is highly unlikely, and I don't see how that would fit the sporadic behavior, but maybe the fuel pump assembly itself could be malfunctioning??
If you've changed your fuel pump, then this could be your problem! On the return line on top of the fuel pump cage there is a little o ring that can become dislodged. Happened to me. It's hard to see unless you look close.