Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: install q

Thank you all!

ran into another issue. The adapters came in today, and I switch to the 440 cc. It ran better immediately. On the way home all of the sudden it started running incredibly lean. I pulled over and enabled lean protection to prevent engine damage, and I made it home babying it, and I popped the hood and I hear air leaking from one of the injectors, the O ring started to come out a little so I go home, and pull it out, it appeared to be in tact, so I greased it up and put it back in. It ran better but still really lean when I gave it gas. I pulled it out again and changed the o-rings this time, again greased it and put it back in. Still running lean, it idled at 18-20:1 for a moment, went down to 14.2ish for a tad, so I drove it for a moment and when I give it gas, instead of running richer, it started running leaner, then I got a check engine code for cylinder 2 misfire. I reset code and turned the car on again and I don't think the injectors are leaking, but I do hear air leaking from somehwhere... it sounds like underneath the supercharger somewhere. I used a hondata img and I tightened down the bolts tight, but I'll recheck them in the morning. What could the leaking be? and if it were leaking, would that cause misfire/lean running?? It was running great, then all of the sudden bam! just did this

and I just realized I forgot to change to colder plugs, I will go get my rsx type s plugs asap out of my other engine.

check your vacuum, you should have a vac gauge hooked up anyways. should see ~-20inhg if not, you have a leak somewhere.

It's vacuuming closer to 22...
    Quote Originally Posted by AKEP View Post
    check your vacuum, you should have a vac gauge hooked up anyways. should see ~-20inhg if not, you have a leak somewhere.

if you are pulling 22in vacuum- that is good. i would be more concerned about one of your injectors not firing. if you are idling at an AFR of 18-20- you might have an injector that isnt working. throw your old injectors back in and check again- at idle you should be seeing 14s AFR. i have heard mixed reviews on RC injectors so you might have a bad one. did you get the injectors used or brand new? i would seriously look into modifying one of your sets of stock injectors and just run those... no hassle of a possible bad aftermarket injector/ clip/ or both

you can run your car on stock 310cc injectors like what the ghetto race kit guys do- but i would be suspect of the injectors or clips. try switching the clips around and see if you get anymore misfire codes- it could be a bad injector clip rather than injector.

I put the old ones back in and no better. In fact it's getting worse. All four cylinder misfire codes and a fuel system too lean code. I have a walbro pump..
    Quote Originally Posted by differentK View Post
    you can run your car on stock 310cc injectors like what the ghetto race kit guys do- but i would be suspect of the injectors or clips. try switching the clips around and see if you get anymore misfire codes- it could be a bad injector clip rather than injector.

have you checked your plugs?

im assuming that when the car was running ok you were still babying it under 5k rpm? if you are positive that you dont have any vacuum leaks or that your injectors are functioning and getting fuel then it might be your tune- since you have kpro are you getting tuned soon?

i was gonna wait till i swapped my a2 engine, and then tune. I pulled the fuel pump and and this brand new filter looks dirty. I don't know if that's the problem or not. No, once i got it running right, I got on the throttle a few times to see what it had, and it ran beautifully. Then all of the sudden it just did this. i just retightened the fuel lines on the pump and went back to the 440's and I'm gonna d/l another jrsc pre cal tune and see what happens
    im assuming that when the car was running ok you were still babying it under 5k rpm? if you are positive that you dont have any vacuum leaks or that your injectors are functioning and getting fuel then it might be your tune- since you have kpro are you getting tuned soon?

I had a suspicion that my fuel wasn't making it, so I took the filter off and it still wouldn'td start, so I pulled the fuel line off the fuel rail and tried to start the car and it should've sprayed fuel everywhere but not a drop.. Brand new walbo fuel pump...

lol thats a ballsy way of testing for fuel- i was gonna recommend the water bottle technique but that works too. swap your stock fuel pump back in and try again. if you are looking for a good aftermarket higher flowing fuel pump i just installed the new deatschwerks 265 drop in pump and it has been working nicely- id recommend it because you dont need to cut or modify anything- fits just like stock. i hope you didnt hack up the fuel pump sender unit that badly when installing the walbro 255. how much fuel is in your tank at the moment btw?

i'm on E, and in all of my brilliance, I think I tossed the old pump...lol rough day man. I just recieved a promotion in another city that I have to commute to, so now I'm stressing out! I'm hoping a new pump solves all of this, because I can still hear the pump priming (or at least trying to)
    lol thats a ballsy way of testing for fuel- i was gonna recommend the water bottle technique but that works too. swap your stock fuel pump back in and try again. if you are looking for a good aftermarket higher flowing fuel pump i just installed the new deatschwerks 265 drop in pump and it has been working nicely- id recommend it because you dont need to cut or modify anything- fits just like stock. i hope you didnt hack up the fuel pump sender unit that badly when installing the walbro 255. how much fuel is in your tank at the moment btw?

I'm curious about this water bottle technique! After everything I've described, would a deteriorating fuel pump fit the description of the problems I've described? It was getting worse and worse. I was driving down the road and giving it the same amount of throttle the whole time, it would at one moment run at around 14.2, and then for no reason go to 18-20, and then go back down to mid 14's. It seemed sporadic. It would, for the most part, idle normally (except a few high and lows here and there), but as soon as I go to give it throttle, it would bog out and run lean, ESPECIALLY if I gave it heavy throttle it would immediately jump up a/f lean lean. Then it started stalling out, and starting it became a problem as well. It would turn over for ten seconds before actually starting. I'm no mechanic, but that sure sounds like fuel to me! But the pump is new, and I hear walbro is very reliable, and i hear the pump priming, so I'm praying that it isn't something else stopping fuel. I know a clogged line is highly unlikely, and I don't see how that would fit the sporadic behavior, but maybe the fuel pump assembly itself could be malfunctioning??

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information