Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: install q

Quote Originally Posted by freeme62410 View Post
    I'm curious about this water bottle technique! After everything I've described, would a deteriorating fuel pump fit the description of the problems I've described? It was getting worse and worse. I was driving down the road and giving it the same amount of throttle the whole time, it would at one moment run at around 14.2, and then for no reason go to 18-20, and then go back down to mid 14's. It seemed sporadic. It would, for the most part, idle normally (except a few high and lows here and there), but as soon as I go to give it throttle, it would bog out and run lean, ESPECIALLY if I gave it heavy throttle it would immediately jump up a/f lean lean. Then it started stalling out, and starting it became a problem as well. It would turn over for ten seconds before actually starting. I'm no mechanic, but that sure sounds like fuel to me! But the pump is new, and I hear walbro is very reliable, and i hear the pump priming, so I'm praying that it isn't something else stopping fuel. I know a clogged line is highly unlikely, and I don't see how that would fit the sporadic behavior, but maybe the fuel pump assembly itself could be malfunctioning??
    If you've changed your fuel pump, then this could be your problem! On the return line on top of the fuel pump cage there is a little o ring that can become dislodged. Happened to me. It's hard to see unless you look close.

On the upper assembly that attaches to the fuel pump housing by the two hinges? Or the brass and plastic clip that goes back into fuel pump housing? And would that stop fuel from pumping? Did this happen to you? How'd you fix it?
    Quote Originally Posted by 05 hatch View Post
    If you've changed your fuel pump, then this could be your problem! On the return line on top of the fuel pump cage there is a little o ring that can become dislodged. Happened to me. It's hard to see unless you look close.

you never know- the pump may have went out on you- it happens... not every part is perfect. i could of sworn that i read somewhere that the walbros give issues if you tank is low also- such as a really tough start up or none at all. go over the walbro DIY install guide again and double check you did everything right. did you use a gasoline submersible hose when you installed it?

yeah I went over it and yes I used submersible hose. I did notice the return line lost the rubber piece where it connects back onto the lower part, but that just puts fuel Back into the tank, which it is still going back into the tank, that shouldn't affect fuel pressure going ouR.E.M. I've been lower than I am now and started fine. the light isn't even on yet, but it's low for sure
    Quote Originally Posted by differentK View Post
    you never know- the pump may have went out on you- it happens... not every part is perfect. i could of sworn that i read somewhere that the walbros give issues if you tank is low also- such as a really tough start up or none at all. go over the walbro DIY install guide again and double check you did everything right. did you use a gasoline submersible hose when you installed it?

Hey man, if you're willing, please give me a call. 727.859.3006 thanks -Bill

On the upper assembly that attaches to the fuel pump housing by the two hinges? Or the brass and plastic clip that goes back into fuel pump housing? And would that stop fuel from pumping? Did this happen to you? How'd you fix it?
    This did happen to me when I installed a walbro and was sc. It's on the top part of the lower assembly. This is why you don't have pressure in your line when you took it off at the rail. It did the exact same thing to me. Check that o ring.

Thank you! I am gonna check that first thing tomorrow morning. There is a part on the fuel return line that connects to the lower assembly by a brass tube with a white circular clip that you have to attach to the lower assembly, is that the exact place of the o ring you are referring to?
    This did happen to me when I installed a walbro and was sc. It's on the top part of the lower assembly. This is why you don't have pressure in your line when you took it off at the rail. It did the exact same thing to me. Check that o ring.

Dude I can't thank you enough, who woulda thunk to look there? I has to zip tie that plastic sleeve just to hold it on. Must blow by due to extra pressure in the fuel line. Thank you so much!

Dude I can't thank you enough, who woulda thunk to look there? I has to zip tie that plastic sleeve just to hold it on. Must blow by due to extra pressure in the fuel line. Thank you so much!
    Ya no problem. I had to zip tie mine too, forgot to include that.

nice.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information