Close

Ep3 transmission rebuild

My car has 77k km and I am experiencing 2nd gear grinds. I changed the fluid but didn`t helped much.
    So I am thinking of rebuilding the transmission or swap Z3 or CTR one. Money is an issues so I want to spent less as possible and having perfectly shifting transmission.Planning to do engine swap over the winter K24a2 or k20Z3 + JRSC,but first want to take care of the transmission. Don`t want to spent money twice on same parts.Want to do everything right the first time. Brand new CTR transmission goes for $2,5k. If that is the best way to go I will safe more and get it later on.

I don`t mind keeping the 5 speed. Will get new complete 2nd gear and Synchrotech Carbon 1-5 Synchros + Synchrotech LSD and set of diff bearings. Should I keep 4.7 FD or not ?
    Should I change any other gear sets ? Don`t mind cruising in high rpm cause I don`t drive the car much...
    What is the best way to go ?

Thanks for the input!!!

the 4.7 final is perfect IMO. IF your going F/I you'll want to keep the 5 speed.
    If your only going JRSC you shouldn't have to worry too much about shredding gears like us Turbo guys

So any feedback on Synchrotech Carbon Synchros ?

Quote Originally Posted by RhINoX^ View Post
    So any feedback on Synchrotech Carbon Synchros ?
    It's pretty pricey for synchro tech but I definitely recommend it I just had my tranny rebuilt from synchro tech and it was pricey but I just don't want to have any issues down the line with tranny issues... Also would recommend getting LSD from them while its getting rebuilt

MANNY KID 15

Thread Information