Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Lowering too much?

I have been looking at some lowering springs and I like the eibach sportlines but I have smaller diameter wheels (215/45/16) so the car does sit a little bit lower, does that affect how much I can lower the car at all because the lower control arms seem to be more horizontal. So, I want to lower a little more than 1.5 inches but I don't want it to negatively affect handling because I will be autocrossing. Would some aftermarket lower control arms help? What can I do to drop a little more closer to 2 inches but have it handle better than stock?

i on eibach sportline which gives u 1.5 drop. If you are looking for 2. H&R can give you that drop.
    Last edited by EUB44; 04-26-2012 at 10:26 PM.

Registered User mitchlikesbikes's Avatar
    i'm on eibachs and stock camber kits with no rubbing and the handling is still pretty good. i would get camber kits if you're looking for better handling.

or just save for coils

I'm just worried about lowering too much and negatively affecting handling..... what can I do to lower near 2 inches but not compromise handling?

I had Sportlines before I put the a-spec. Handling sucks on sportlines and ride was terrible compered to a-spec. Stock dampers aren`r design to handle lowering springs... If you are local I will give you my sportlines for free.

If you lower it any it will make your handling worse, are you on stock shocks? what are all of your mods? MY recommendation is to get on the track and see if you enjoy it 1st, I have a the greatest fucking time racing I absolutely love it but it gets expensive, addicting, and you may even not enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by RhINoX^ View Post
    I had Sportlines before I put the a-spec. Handling sucks on sportlines and ride was terrible compered to a-spec. Stock dampers aren`r design to handle lowering springs... If you are local I will give you my sportlines for free.
    I'll pay for shipping if you wanna ship them

Quote Originally Posted by makavelibranded View Post
    If you lower it any it will make your handling worse, are you on stock shocks? what are all of your mods? MY recommendation is to get on the track and see if you enjoy it 1st, I have a the greatest fucking time racing I absolutely love it but it gets expensive, addicting, and you may even not enjoy it.
    I've already been on the track and I know that my EP can handle so much better than how it does now, I have ridiculous wheel gap right now and want to improve my handling as well so I just want to know what can I do to not negatively affect handling if I lower near 2 inches...

Quote Originally Posted by EP3Lov3 View Post
    I've already been on the track and I know that my EP can handle so much better than how it does now, I have ridiculous wheel gap right now and want to improve my handling as well so I just want to know what can I do to not negatively affect handling if I lower near 2 inches...
    if i had a nickel for everytime i heard that one....

i said that too when i first wanted to lower my car, but ended up not really caring about handling. i just wanted to be lower and got coilovers. eventually i want my car to hug the road more, but right now i really dont care.

i remember hearing someone say that lowering anything over 1" will decrease handling. but then again, coilovers/shocks/springs are not the only suspension mods to increase handling.

Quote Originally Posted by EP3Lov3 View Post
    ...because the lower control arms seem to be more horizontal.
    lol.

The sportlines are as good a spring as you will find. They should handle just fine but if you're worried about going too low, get the Eibach Pro-Kit instead. The only problem with them is that it will be hard to tell that your car is lowered... I've had 3 different spring setups. Current setup is Hotchkis RSX springs (almost the same as Sportlines) and Koni shocks. I would go with springs now and shocks as soon as you can.

dlt
    Last edited by EUB44; 04-23-2012 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by donjon View Post
    i must say it is nice share good to know that
    fucking advertisment bot how is this guy still on here?
    Last edited by OAFA; 03-18-2009 at 05:26 AM.

I would be upgrading the shocks asap though once i get a couple paychecks (im a poor highschool kid) i was thinking about tokicko blues, they are reasonably priced and my friend has them on his DSM and he likes them

Quote Originally Posted by donjon View Post
    i must say it is nice share good to know that
    Hahaha!! So fuckin random! I actaully like it. This guy needs a new program.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information