Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up OG EP3, new owner!

Hey guys, i just picked up an 03 ep3 a few months ago. I've been lurking on here for some time and i decided its time to start showing off my car. Now me and this ep3 go way back...almost 10 years back. It was owned by one of my very good freinds. Back in the day he got this car new off the lot. Was the 1st in town to throw some real wheels on it. 1st in town to throw on a legit lip kit(flared too). Was the 1st in town with this new K motor too haha... Mean While i drove a auto 4 door chevy cavalier...yeah. So way back in the day i feel in love with the car. Id always go in his car when we'd go to race or cruise it. I guess we have alotta history so when he offered me this car at a low price i just had to take it. This car started off with a k20a3, then was supercharged, then swapped to a k24a2 supercharged, then the supercharger started to loose boost so it went off...then my buddy kinda meet someone...got married...and the car got parked for 4-5 years till it was offered to me. so let me say there was a lot to do. 1st was cleaning it up, and it was a bitch...then i added 4 new tires, did a full tune up, changed all the fuilds, and water pump. I also tracked down the missing front fender flares thru wingswest.com, took me a few weeks. From there i added a header, some misc all around and gave it a LEGIT tune, cuz it was running off a kpro stock k24a2 tune that was all fucked up.

Mods:
    k24a2 swap(04 tsx)
    k pro
    injen intake
    strup 4-1 header
    megan test pipe
    Dc duel canister cat back exhaust(rare goodie right here!)
    aem fuel rail
    650cc rc injectors
    DC strut bar
    Tien full coilovers
    Tenzo R shu 18s
    WingsWest flared kit
    Mugen CF spoiler
    and a few other mics...

Heres a timeline of pix :)

First day Driving here home...man she was dirty!!!!

I added some fog lights/reinstalled the kit with the new front fender flares/ got it dynoed at Ums/and found the JRSC, now i can rebuild her...kinda sux i found it AFTER i got the car tuned for n/a...ha bad luck....

Here she is after a full polish/clay bar/wax all pretty like she used to be! Alot of you may ask why i kept the car looking like this...well at 1st i wanted her to become "jdm"...but i just couldnt do it....i go back so far with her and i cant bring myself to change her...all i wanna do is restore her to her former glory...i hope that i can keep it up :) Wish me luck!

Oh, the dyno was 221hp @ 6800rpms/170fpt @ 5400rpms

kinda the same the with my buddies EPB Em1 i was always in the passenger seat i think i loved it more than he did he crashed it into the woods 1 night
    you are lucky to own it i can see where you are coming from

Not a big fan of the body kit but like the wide body. Wish there was a way to clean it up. But other than that, keep it up. Everyone had their own opinions and as long as you feel like a muthafuckin beast driving it, that's all that matters. Keep us updated!

Yeah im going to try to keep it orginal as much as i can! ty for the love

Quote Originally Posted by Danielsle View Post
    Not a big fan of the body kit but like the wide body. Wish there was a way to clean it up. But other than that, keep it up. Everyone had their own opinions and as long as you feel like a muthafuckin beast driving it, that's all that matters. Keep us updated!
    Yea 2nd this

Hey guys, its been a while since ive posted! We'll its a love hate thing with this car right now. But im on a love swing, so heres some more pix of whats been going on. I took off the wide body and 18's. As you can see the double sided tape with glue was a terrible idea to keep those fender flares on. Looks like im gonna have to spend some time with a power sander to handle that issue. But its all good, i wanted to paint it soon anyways. I picked up some 15x6 fit wheels for the time being. Hopefully in the next few days i plan on picking up some OLD school msw 15x7 wheels off a buddy to help make my car a little different then what you normally see! :)
    I got bored with the inside so i sticker bombed it for now. I aswell picked up a used dc strut bar off a buddy for dirt cheap. It has a small ding in it, but o well, it was free! Also i included a picture of my strup header. Im REALLY gonna put in some work this weekend though. New fog lights, gonna clean up the engine bay and sand down the glue and tape marks, and hopefully add the new wheels with a drop!

good progress so far bro...
    Quote Originally Posted by nmysiismyn View Post
    Ecclesiastes 1:9
    "What has been will be again,
    what has been done will be done again;
    there is nothing new under the sun."

-King Solomon

So i did some work this weekend! I went threw and repainted the valve cover, added my hello kitty oil cap =P. I pulled my Strup header, Megan test pipe and front sway bar off. I hit a piece of junk in the road a few weeks back and it damaged my Megan test pipe, and the damn Megan test pipe NEVER sealed with the header so i always had a slight exhaust leak so i decided to roll the cat back on. I also decided to remove the sway bar because my k24 is taller than my original motor so the cat rubs on it driving my bat shit crazy as i hear it all day.. Once i got the stock cat back on i noticed a BIG different in power, i was very surprised. The car actually feels faster with the cat on vs the test pipe? Who knows? From there i added some new fog lights since my yellow ones got destroyed and i added some Vintage MSW wheels on new Rubber and donated my fit wheels to my g/f.

The engine bay now, i plan on making a cold air intake sometime this week.

Heres the new fog lights, i like them better than the yellow ones. Seems like everybody is rocking yellow fog lights now.

Heres my ride on some 15x7 MSW old school wheels. They are polished, idk why but i just love them!

I also noticed that with the cat the car feel so much torque on the low end and acceleration on the free way. I didn't get it tune with the cat so can't say if its fast pass 4500 rpm.

Yeah same here, i got it tuned with the test pipe. but i can feel a difference on the ass dyno

Made an apointment to put my new WS style muffler on! Cant wait! pix coming tomorrow, as well has my custom intake :)

Just hooked it up with some new wheels and tires!
    15x7 Drag dr27's with 10mm offset on some 195/50/15 kumho tires

Im going to give the fenders a roll and a pull this week and hopefully by my next check, drop it another 1", ad a tad of camber and get the alignment redone :)

Is this JOOOOStins old car? I remember that kid had like 8 setups in a brief period of time.

na, i dont know a justin lol

:(

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information