Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    Next time ur in ur car and ur cel isn't on. Turn ur key to position II. When ur cel light turns on watch it. If it just turns off then ur car is ready. But if the cel blinks for a few, then ur car still isn't ready

Quote Originally Posted by superchargedk20 View Post
    I think its because ur car has to complete a cycle before everything is ready. That primary 02 sensor is still going through its cycle before u get to emissions causing u to fail. Then when it completes its cycle ur CEL is turning on for that lean code. Only thing I can think of or ur emissions place hates u and is just failing u on purpose
    lol that thought crossed my mind.just tried what you had said about turning key to position II CEL and EPS STAYS ON till i start the car any input? Am going to tuner on MON and see what he says and what he recommends me doing to pass
    Last edited by Nickle n Dimin; 04-07-2012 at 03:10 PM.

If it stays on then its caus u have that code. Reset battery. Set readiness in kpro. Drive ur car a little bit. Then turn it off and put it in position II if thr cel turns off ur good for emissions. If it continues to blink keep driving . Once u get it to stop blinking rush ur ass to emissions before ur CEL comes on. If that fails u need that sensor replaced

i am pretty sure that is what the tuner did i was in the car and the cel was turned off in position II I'm just SOL with out a lap top and might go get a netbook that can run kpro so i may do it closer to inspection any ideas on a cheap netbook that can run k manager

and by the way thank you for your quick responses to my posts
    Last edited by Nickle n Dimin; 04-07-2012 at 03:27 PM.

No prob. Emissions is a bitch. I've learned through the years how to beat it lol. I've never failed . And I have a full custom 3in exhaust no cat turbo with a k24 swap. Just passed like 3 weeks ago lol. Good for another 2yrs . Keep us updated ! Good luck

so i did go and get a net book that will run k manager usb drivers are not installed and it is the latest version (yet to hook into my kpro). question is when i do plug into my kpro will i be able to see my cal if it not the same version of kpro, didn't want to make another thread and will try and keep this experience in this 1 thread

I'm Glad you got some help Bruh!

Quote Originally Posted by Nickle n Dimin View Post
    so i did go and get a net book that will run k manager usb drivers are not installed and it is the latest version (yet to hook into my kpro). question is when i do plug into my kpro will i be able to see my cal if it not the same version of kpro, didn't want to make another thread and will try and keep this experience in this 1 thread
    U need to get ur kal from ur tuner. U need the actual file. Have him email it to u

i go see him tomorrow. Will i have a problem, I think my Kal is from a older version of kpro... been driving the car and still no CEL after i got it cleared from autozone

update:didnt get kal from tuner so some one on here suggested i download and save to my netbook. all is good and will try again now that i have the means to do this myself
    Last edited by Nickle n Dimin; 04-10-2012 at 01:39 PM.

got my inspection for anyone having the same problems i suggest getting a netbook that can run k manager and learning you some kpro

You finally passed?

I don't know what state you're in superchargedk20, but if it's not New Jersey, it may be different regs than what he has. It varies widely from state to state. In Colorado, they can't fail you for a CEL.

Still, it IS supposed to say unsupported in those areas which do not apply on the EP3, so that shouldn't be failing you anywhere, if that's the case.

Quote Originally Posted by gtolio View Post
    I don't know what state you're in superchargedk20, but if it's not New Jersey, it may be different regs than what he has. It varies widely from state to state. In Colorado, they can't fail you for a CEL.

Still, it IS supposed to say unsupported in those areas which do not apply on the EP3, so that shouldn't be failing you anywhere, if that's the case.
    I live in connecticut. U need to pass an obII scan with no CEL.

Quote Originally Posted by superchargedk20 View Post
    You finally passed?
    yep tuner set me up all i had to do was keep car running clear dtc and set readiness and i passed OBD2 now on to the next problem which is my idle on start-up

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information