Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question Just bought new Sony head Unit

I just bought this kick ass Sony Head Unit I am getting a Kicker Amp from a friend 400w...do you think that will be too powerful for our factory speakers? I wouldn't mind upgrading them but I don't want anyone cutting at my freakin doors to get them to fit. I also noticed that the way that the factory stereo is in the dash is oddly shaped do you think I"m going to have difficulties when I go to get it installed?

Nice lookin stereo hope you have an alarm or something. Those are spendy.

Getting one Installed SOON!!

Yeah you're right, I got a really good deal on it a friend helped me out so I went ahead and bought it, but yeah I will be getting an alarm on it, I've been reading thru the forums seeing who has what kind and how much they like theirs...My Accord got broken into and they broke out the window to get into it. I've got 35% tint but I think I'm going to have it redone and get it a bit darker....just to be on the safe side. When I get it installed I'll post some pics!

If you want you can order the Crutchfield door kit for your car, it will let you mount any 6.5" speaker in the factory location. But If the speaker you mount has a long excursion it will hit the door pannel..... :( .......

What you're saying is...

So what you're saying is, if I want to install any speakers in there, they will have to be modified....damn this is care is complicated.

So what car is not complicated? Its EASY don't be lazy, call Crutchfield and ask for some info.......... or go online.

Are you planing on doing the install your self?

if so plain to have at least a couple of hours and take your time. It will be easy. :D

Professional Installation

Are you kidding me, I think my mother would do a better job at installing this stereo than I would. I'm so stupid when it comes to cars...computers are more my thing. I know a guy who owns his own shop that sell rims, stereos, does window tint, so I'll probably take it to him or I'll take it to a Best Buy or Circuit City just so i have someone to blame if it goes wrong. I'm just getting into this whole car thing so excuse my "lazy" tone. I just don't know what the hell I"m doing!

LateSleeper
    That is a sweet unit. The video animations and the flexibility to download your own images is wild. :p My only gripe is that it doesn't have a removable face. Your tint will cover that tho. :)

Its ok..... I had to LEARN everyone dose....Good idea on haveing a professional do your installation. If you have Never installed a radio before, THIS CAR would NOT be a good one to start on.

Well don't for get to tell them you want the Flush mount kit for your car. The Dash kit will be flush, and the radio will stick out a little.... both of those companys use metra but can order a "scoche" dash kit in Silver. to match. I think thats how you spell it.

Heres the part #

iTS A SCOSCHE DASK KIT. the part # is HA1572b its for the civic SI 2002-2003 in SILVER MATCH

Agreed

Originally posted by LateSleeper
    That is a sweet unit. The video animations and the flexibility to download your own images is wild. :p My only gripe is that it doesn't have a removable face. Your tint will cover that tho. :)
    Yeah it took someone 5 years to steal the Xplod I had in my accord w/o tint...but this car attracts a lot of attention. The tint is only 35% it's dark at night but daylight you can kinda see in it, I think I need to get it darker...and I've only had it tinted for a week! My tint job only cost me 145 at this shop, I know the guy who owns it...not a bad job at all, some bubbles but he said those will come out....yeah it's goign to be awesome i can't wait.

Paxie

So if I go to a place and get this installed will they have this dash kit or will I have to order it, if so I need to do that right now, I want to have this bitch hooked up by next Saturday. Cruthfiled has these kits??

Re: Paxie

Originally posted by most_hatedSi02
    Crutchfield has these kits??

They have the black metra kits

They (best buy,circuit shity)should have the kits in black like JLannoo said.....

This is LateSleeper stereo with silver kit.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information