Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    nbj1485
    the silver kinda looks off...

LateSleeper
    When the installer put the radio in for me, I believe that they used the black kit and painted it. It doesn't match perfect but it still looks good to me.

LateSleeper
    Here's another pic.

FUCK you! I like 'em!! esmith13's Avatar
    How's that CDX-MP70 sound?? I was going to buy one of those this month. I was leaning toward that one for the G-Shock protection. The laptop style CD tray seemed the perfect way to prevent those unwanted skips from a stiff suspension...

Let me know what you think of it.

Looks awesome

I'm going to swing into Circuit City tomorrow when I get off of work tomorrow and see how much an install is going to set me back. I work right by one along w/ a Best Buy so I can get it done while I'm at work, I'm getting my Amp tonight Punch 400 and next month I'm getting these subs from a guy I know he's got 4 12" Kicker Comp...I think he's selling them to me and a friend for 200, so I'll be bumpin by spring! Now got to get those darned cheap speakers out the car.

Originally posted by LateSleeper
    When the installer put the radio in for me, I believe that they used the black kit and painted it. It doesn't match perfect but it still looks good to me.
    Is that the Metra kit?

Dash Kit and Carbon Fiber

Do you think if I use the silver one, and then go w/ a carbon fiber dash it will look stupid?

Hey I have the MP70 in my car. I got it for $265 brand new. But my install I don't believe even has the right kit.

Originally posted by sicivic2002
    Hey I have the MP70 in my car. I got it for $265 brand new. But my install I don't believe even has the right kit.
    That kit looks like the standered Civic kit, there is one that fits your car. were did you get it installed? maybe they can fix your kit. :D

I never thought to question them about the kit. I think I might though.

LateSleeper
    Originally posted by esmith13
    How's that CDX-MP70 sound?? I was going to buy one of those this month. I was leaning toward that one for the G-Shock protection. The laptop style CD tray seemed the perfect way to prevent those unwanted skips from a stiff suspension...

Let me know what you think of it.
    This unit has worked well for me. The sound is pretty good in my opinion and it hasn't skipped on me. The way it is advertised, it's basically guarenteed not to skip. This is my first Sony unit and I am impressed with its functionality. The MP70 looks great with the SI dash too.
    Last edited by LateSleeper; 01-08-2003 at 06:13 AM.

ephatch member

Re: Dash Kit and Carbon Fiber

Originally posted by most_hatedSi02
    Do you think if I use the silver one, and then go w/ a carbon fiber dash it will look stupid?
    it would'nt look stupid but would clash with the carbon fiber kit. how do i know? i jus got the carbon fiber kit and it leaves the silver around the radio and it kinda throws it off. i'd suggest the black one if ur going the carbon fiber route.:)

Re: Re: Dash Kit and Carbon Fiber

Originally posted by IceD out N CALI

it would'nt look stupid but would clash with the carbon fiber kit. how do i know? i jus got the carbon fiber kit and it leaves the silver around the radio and it kinda throws it off. i'd suggest the black one if ur going the carbon fiber route.:)

Hmm well I'm going to get the C/F kit and currently have the black dash kit. I was planning on getting a silver kit to go with the C/F so that the door handles still coordinated with something. My radio is silver though,maybe that would be enough.

most_hatedSi02, Please let me know the details of your install. I was just up at the Polaris Best Buy today looking at the same unit you have as well as the CDX-MP70. I installed my last stereo so it wouldn't be too bad if I did the install, but I'd rather have someone else do it. Providing they do a good job that is. Also please give your impressions of your head unit. I'll be in the market as soon as I get my tax return :)

BTW, I live in Downtown Columbus and have yet to see another EP on the road. I thought I was the only stud in this town :)

Columbus

Yeah I'll be taking care of that hopefully this week. What kind of tint do you have, b/c I got pulled over on Campus lastweek for having my tint too dark.

The stereo seems to be really nice, I just hate the fact that I have to drop all this money at once...b/c the speakers are more than likely going to have to change b/c they won't be able to handle the output. I've got a 10" Kicker Comp VR Sub waiting to be hooked up.

The price has dropped on the headunit to 699.99, so I hope you get a great deal on it. Keep in touch!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information