Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I installed my head unit in my ep myself. Crutchfield didn't have master sheets for our car yet, so it was a little confusing, but now that I did it once I could probably do another complete install in like 30 minutes. If you have little or no experience in stereo installs you should still be able to install the head unit with no problems. If I had a digital camera I would have taken pictures, but if anyone wants to do this themselves, I would be glad to help. Just PM or email me.

ephatch member

Re: Re: Re: Dash Kit and Carbon Fiber

Originally posted by JLannoo

Hmm well I'm going to get the C/F kit and currently have the black dash kit. I was planning on getting a silver kit to go with the C/F so that the door handles still coordinated with something. My radio is silver though,maybe that would be enough.
    thats true it does color coordinate with the door handles. the silver IMO clashes a tad with the carbon fiber look, but not too bad
    this of course is just my opinion I could be wrong:o

why doesnt anyone try going double din instead of using these metra kits if there is soo many problems with them? Also i noticed that soo many of you seem to be installing sony receivers....im a kenwood fan personally

ephatch member
    EnJaNir,
    How do you like your X959? I heard the inversion problem was unbearable... that's why I'm going for the x859 instead but it's still in the air. The problem was just that it inverted it's self frequently, which tended to be distracting. Thoughts?

Subject: Re: Sony CDX-MP70 ???
    Newsgroups: rec.audio.car
    Date: 2002-09-05 10:49:01 PST

"The unit will NOT play VBR (variable bitrate) mp3s correctly. Yes, it
    plays all other bitrates without a problem, but only if they are a fixed bitrate (ie not VBR). For me this was a huge thing, seeing that my entire mp3 collection was encoded in VBR.
    VBR mp3s will play in the player, but whenever there is a large jump in the bitrate, you'll hear a little 'skip', and this happens often in songs that are encoded in VBR. This happens enough to really annoy you, and keep you from enjoying the song.

If you don't use VBR or never plan to, this unit is great. But if you have VBR mp3s, look for another option. I'm in the process of getting another head unit, one that will play VBRs without a problem.

I've researched into this problem, and found other people have the same
    problem too with this unit."

Thought you all might find that interesting?

I'm planning on going with a kenwood unit myself. Far be it from me to criticize, I think the sony head units look bad ass. but Rec.car.audio says kenwood for me. Just wish it looked as cool as your Sony unit. But I need a blacked out flip out front. I'm planning on leaving the stock head unit in, but unplugged, and having a blacked out unit in the bottom.
    Last edited by Ocelaris; 01-17-2003 at 01:44 AM.

Ive had 3 Kenwood eXcelon receivers in my SVX, the 99 i beleive 811 model, the 00 MD, and now the 959. I feel that kenwood has soo many built in options to customize your sound, it just sound superb. When i got the 959 i didnt knwo about the inverted display, at first i tried to turn it off. It is a bit distracting, but not as much due to the location in the SVX, since the SI dash is sooo open it would most likely be more noticeable. I love the deck, if i had to buy another i would most likely buy the 959. The display really doesnt distract me now that i am used to it, and depending on what display you choose to use it is kinda cool.

nbj1485
    i like pioneer and alpine the best

Nak, HK, then Kenwood/Alpine/Eclipse/Pioneer (All equally good in their own), Jvc, Blau, Clarion, Samsung, Pepboys crap, yardsale, brothers friends brothers stuff, swap meet. IMO

Got it installed

Got it installed, had the digital camera in the car to take a picture but i left the media card in the computer...will take some in the morning!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information