Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    i was just about say that its the lca....when i first bought my car i had the same issue, luckily i was doing my coilovers at the time and it was very obvious what the problem was when i got underneath the car to put the coilovers on

its probably one of the bushings connected to the lca including the lower ball joint

if you have the capital...dont use the ES bushings

order the mugen or hardrace bushings

the ES bushings are fine to hold stuff but i remember reading that as a suspension bushing they tend to flex and warp after a bit...and you need to oil them

I was thinking it was that. A few years ago the two stud bolts that sticks out of the passenger mount broke. It happen after I bumped the curb at 25-30mph(side to side impact). At that time I had replaced my steering knuckle came with lower ball joint from Honda and picked up a used contorl arm. Also replaced both tie rod ends at the same time. There is also a squeaky noise coming from the front passenger when car jerks, but odd thing is that its louder and more noticeable when car is warmed up.

I have no sway bar. Chopped it off cause I couldn't take off the end links that connected to control arm. Subframe...I'll check it out to see if there's any damaged area since I did damaged that side back then.
    Quote Originally Posted by 27rocks View Post
    Not as often as the front and back ones... have you checked to see if all 4 sub-frame bolts are tight??? Sway bar links??

Ok, well, I have checkedit out myself and couldnt find the source. I took it to my mechanic, and HE couldnt find the source of the noise either.
    Do ya'll think it could maybe be the steering or something?

I had a similar problem it was a combination of my ball joints and my LCD bushing being completely gone. At fit neither of us (me or my mechanic) could figure out what the problem was after we replaced the ball joints. The noise got better but was still there, then we saw that the LCAs bushings were completely gone and the lca was tapping the subframe underneath it. You could see a shiny spot right underneath the lca on the subframe. Swapped out the bushings and good as new.

Mine is making a similar noise. Good to know what things to look at !

It's a common issue that usually happens around 100k miles from what I've seen and read. I'm at 99k right now as the noise start probably 4k or so miles ago. Had to save up to buy parts haha.

Replaced my outer tie rod end. My clunking noise no longer happens from taking off but it still happens when shifting and moving along. Albeit not as bad as before. Gonna look into what has been mentioned above....

Iv had this exact issue before. When i would accelerate from eithe r a stop or a slow start I would hear it. I replaced my driver side lower ball joint in the knuckle to LCA and it went away. You can purchase new ball joints from a local auto parts store. and rent a manual press or if you have a actual bench press its a easy job to replace. What ever you do, dont cheap out like I did the first time (And now i need to do the same thing again and replace it again lol) and get the Moog branded one. I know for a fact advance auto sells the ball joints.

Thanks. I will look at this tomorrow !

Ball joints or alignment?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information