Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Realiable Vtec killer

I know everyone is very scared of this setup but i feel from my own experience its very realiable. I was tuned all motor on it and went 197whp then i went turbo on it for 305hp. I had a child and decided to take off the turbo and sell my ecu but still drove on a stock ecu with it. The car still ran and i was still able to drive it everyday on stock ecu the only down side was, that i had to keep my foot slightly pressed down at red lights to prevent stalling. I just got Kpro again after a year and uploaded my tune and this car still drives like a beaut time for my to get back on the forum.

Thanks for this thread, I was worried about reliability as I'm doing this in a month or two

is reliable, I have already 9 months without any problem. it is worth doing.
    Last edited by Soprano21; 03-23-2009 at 05:08 AM.

How many on killer vtec? 197 whp on a stock a3? I'm doing a slow killer vtec build, but I'm going with much better components. I'm hoping to pass 220 whp.

AKA Purple94coupe Euro-Yellow-Ep3's Avatar
    If anyone needs k20a2 cams or ep3 exhaust rockers lmk

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Blah1219 View Post
    How many on killer vtec? 197 whp on a stock a3? I'm doing a slow killer vtec build, but I'm going with much better components. I'm hoping to pass 220 whp.
    What are you planning on doing dont invest too much money.. I do realize boost is best dont spend too much money going all motor by the time you know it you would spent the same amount going turbo.

Subscribed! Good stuff!

-SK

Im finally going to go to a dyno and see where the car sits now because i did change my header, exhaust, manifold and intake. I will aslo upload my grap when i have time

Quote Originally Posted by Onasty View Post
    Im finally going to go to a dyno and see where the car sits now because i did change my header, exhaust, manifold and intake. I will aslo upload my grap when i have time
    For sure. Post up results.

-SK

pretty much the same results I made with skunk2 stage 3 cams

quater of the price though

Just keep in mind fuel ecomony will go down. Think of it this way: when in high gear cruising on the highway all 3-lobe VTEC engines will be on the primary lobes and not engaged in VTEC. With VTEC killer you will be using the secondary lobe at cruising speed and dumping more fuel to sustain cruising speed.

I love the concept but I personally would hate it since I commute too much daily and my wallet would hate me too, lol. Very practical if you plan on tracking/auto-x/drag strip with the engine.

quater of the price though
    I wouldn't say that, with tune it only cost about $800

Quote Originally Posted by USAF EP3 View Post
    Just keep in mind fuel ecomony will go down. Think of it this way: when in high gear cruising on the highway all 3-lobe VTEC engines will be on the primary lobes and not engaged in VTEC. With VTEC killer you will be using the secondary lobe at cruising speed and dumping more fuel to sustain cruising speed.

I love the concept but I personally would hate it since I commute too much daily and my wallet would hate me too, lol. Very practical if you plan on tracking/auto-x/drag strip with the engine.
    Really?! I thought I was going to get better gas mileage..

What are you planning on doing dont invest too much money.. I do realize boost is best dont spend too much money going all motor by the time you know it you would spent the same amount going turbo.
    Type s block internals, a1 head, prc mani bored to 70mm, HR tb. And a bunch of bling stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Blah1219 View Post
    Really?! I thought I was going to get better gas mileage..

Type s block internals, a1 head, prc mani bored to 70mm, HR tb. And a bunch of bling stuff.
    Come on bro, no need for the sarcasm. I always have redundancy in my posts so when newer members use the search option they can have good and accurate information available relevant to the thread or subject they want to find out more about.

I guess you can say I take from Doug (talonXracer) alot he used to post like that as well.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information