Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MugenReplica View Post
    Ouch Jaime.....that hurts!! Any chance to try Jeff Evans E-tune?
    Ill fb you. Just added you right...

-SK

Moderator=>PM 4 Help MugenReplica's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SkareKrow View Post
    Ill fb you. Just added you right...

-SK
    Have you check the .kals that are up in the tuning section?
    Last edited by 02Ep3Rocker; 03-23-2009 at 09:09 PM.

I did Jeff Evans e tune when I first did my swap, I was very happy with the results but eventually I got it dyno tuned to get the full potential

Quote Originally Posted by RHCP0801 View Post
    I did Jeff Evans e tune when I first did my swap, I was very happy with the results but eventually I got it dyno tuned to get the full potential
    I want to swap so bad and vtec killer my swap, but i want to sell this engine first and noone wants it around me. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Onasty View Post
    I want to swap so bad and vtec killer my swap, but I want to sell this engine first and noone wants it around me. :(
    What engine...

-SK

i already have the k24a1 head now looking for either k24a2 or k24a1 shortblock which is impossible to find. Been looking for weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Onasty View Post
    i already have the k24a1 head now looking for either k24a2 or k24a1 shortblock which is impossible to find. Been looking for weeks
    I was askin what engine are you trying to get rid of...

-SK

-SK

So I've been reading about vtec killer ALOT past few days...
    Still, I wonder:
    -how fast is it anyways? Onasty has a vid doing 15.5... Is that with the a1 head/killer?
    I understand hp will be anywhere from180-200whp and the dyno's look like k20's that come stock with 200. So does that mean its as quick as a swap or a Jrsc-s EP? Can I expect to hang with Rsx-s and newer si's? Other cars?

-mpgs obviously depend on a tune and most importantly driving habits. The guy on k20a.org said he was in the 27-28 mpg range(where I was at with boltons), I could live with that : ) onasty mentioned 10mpg while getting on it, to me that means atleast 18-20+mpgs if driven "ok": right?

- the bottom line is the tune. Is anyone running off the shared kals? Midastouch and djcarbine share tunes on k20.org- I know they are good starters: I have no kpro or any other tuning experience... Can I get by with these kals for awhile?
    I don't even know of anyone that street tunes! And I would most likely try and find some one to etune on a dyno later. And thats a whole different problem: find a dyno and an etuner that will keep the budget reasonable.
    I can always learn kpro but I'm sure it will never be as good as some of these kals online.

Bottom line is I think it's worth it: $100 cams, $50 rockers and used kpro around $800 if I'm lucky! Hopefully with a free kal and some help from the gurus and I can drive it if I need to and have a little fun doing it :) . Then say in a month or so- a better tune thats prefferably on a dyno with Rsx injectors.

if you are worried about mpg's dont mod your daily driver... with that being said if you do plan on running the vtec killer set up I will tell you that "in town" driving drinks gas, I think I was getting anywhere from 15-20mpg in town. On the freeway its different, i was averaging 26-28mpg's.... so an average fill I would normally get around 280 to a tank, when I was careful and babying it I got a little over 300.... but those were few and far inbetween haha.

I thought it was worth it, so I think you should be able to hang with bolt on acura's or si's. I was doing it with skunk stg1 cams, cai,dc rh, greddy evo2 exhaust, kpro tuned. I cant remember the dyno number but I think it was around 170whp. Just depends on what you want to do, I forgot the member's name that was just running a k24a1 with bolt ons and he was hanging with a s/c type s. thats impressive, the torque does well with the 5 speed. hope this helped you a bit..late

Quote Originally Posted by tlikethedrink View Post
    So I've been reading about vtec killer ALOT past few days...
    Still, I wonder:
    -how fast is it anyways? Onasty has a vid doing 15.5... Is that with the a1 head/killer?
    I understand hp will be anywhere from180-200whp and the dyno's look like k20's that come stock with 200. So does that mean its as quick as a swap or a Jrsc-s EP? Can I expect to hang with Rsx-s and newer si's? Other cars?

-mpgs obviously depend on a tune and most importantly driving habits. The guy on k20a.org said he was in the 27-28 mpg range(where I was at with boltons), I could live with that : ) onasty mentioned 10mpg while getting on it, to me that means atleast 18-20+mpgs if driven "ok": right?

- the bottom line is the tune. Is anyone running off the shared kals? Midastouch and djcarbine share tunes on k20.org- I know they are good starters: I have no kpro or any other tuning experience... Can I get by with these kals for awhile?
    I don't even know of anyone that street tunes! And I would most likely try and find some one to etune on a dyno later. And thats a whole different problem: find a dyno and an etuner that will keep the budget reasonable.
    I can always learn kpro but I'm sure it will never be as good as some of these kals online.

Bottom line is I think it's worth it: $100 cams, $50 rockers and used kpro around $800 if I'm lucky! Hopefully with a free kal and some help from the gurus and I can drive it if I need to and have a little fun doing it :) . Then say in a month or so- a better tune thats prefferably on a dyno with Rsx injectors.
    I just saw this the 15 sec pass was my motor when it was stock with just kpro and skunk 2 exhaust. The best I've done with vtec killer was 13.9 on my friends street radials. If you look through the videos I think i have one of 14.1 run on winter tires and Gtimportfanatic also drove my car at the track and hit 14.1 on the same shitty tires.

AND its still kicking strong best bang for my buck :) .... (knock on wood before my shit blows tomorrow)

And...... yes i beat on the car everyday to and from work.

You still in the area bro...looking to do the vtec killa install...interested in a side job??

Quote Originally Posted by 1GR8EP3 View Post
    if you are worried about mpg's dont mod your daily driver... with that being said if you do plan on running the vtec killer set up I will tell you that "in town" driving drinks gas, I think I was getting anywhere from 15-20mpg in town. On the freeway its different, i was averaging 26-28mpg's.... so an average fill I would normally get around 280 to a tank, when I was careful and babying it I got a little over 300.... but those were few and far inbetween haha.

I thought it was worth it, so I think you should be able to hang with bolt on acura's or si's. I was doing it with skunk stg1 cams, cai,dc rh, greddy evo2 exhaust, kpro tuned. I cant remember the dyno number but I think it was around 170whp. Just depends on what you want to do, I forgot the member's name that was just running a k24a1 with bolt ons and he was hanging with a s/c type s. thats impressive, the torque does well with the 5 speed. hope this helped you a bit..late

Dont forget you can use the 3 lobe rockers on the k20a3/k24a1 head with 3 lobe cams and gain the same power as VTEC killer... BUT you have VTEC and gas savings. Flipped pin VTEC. Been bangin it for a year with no issues...

Open header startup and some idle...

http://s1140.photobucket.com/albums/...2186453087.mp4

Ba82Ep3 :which 3 lobe cam's are you talking about?
    Last edited by i heart trees; 04-03-2009 at 09:25 AM. Reason: Problem Solved

Quote Originally Posted by los View Post
    Ba82Ep3 :which 3 lobe cam's are you talking about?
    K20a/ a2/ z1/ z3
    K24a2

Pick your poison.

Blah1219 : pmd you with a ?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information