Close

Air/Fuel all over the place on decel

Interesting problem. I noticed today that my A/F ratios were all over the place on deceleration when in gear. Injectors should be off. I believe TPS was at 0. When I noticed I decided to monitor A/F in open loop and saw it was normal then it would go rich then normal.

Oh, and I have a high idle ~1200rpm.

Possibly O2 sensor or TPS?
    Last edited by Slip_Angle; 05-10-2012 at 04:23 PM.

I'm having the same issue. cant figure it out either. Bump for some help!

Quote Originally Posted by MajorJones View Post
    I'm having the same issue. cant figure it out either. Bump for some help!
    Exact same issue? I did a datalog tonight and couldn't entirely replicate it but I did see A/F goto 22.x on decel vs 32.x that is normal. I also noticed the TPS completely drop out for 1/10th of a second on a WOT run. IE: 100% to 0% and back to 100%.

I had a similar problem, ended up being my air/fuel sensor

Slip.. Running your KAL right now as a base tune and am not having any of the AF / TPS / Idle issues you're reporting.

So far the only changes I've mad are ticking up the Idle vavle duty cycle two notches, and changing the rev limit.

I think your issue sounds like your TPS, since on decel in gear im showing a stead 32.x AF on your tune.

send me your datalog? mugenep3@gmail.com - vac should be lower than -22 to -24, duty cycle will go to 0 and a/f will shoot to 32 until your vac/tps/idle is normal speed and your a/f will go back to 14.7

Quote Originally Posted by cyllarus View Post
    Slip.. Running your KAL right now as a base tune and am not having any of the AF / TPS / Idle issues you're reporting.

So far the only changes I've mad are ticking up the Idle vavle duty cycle two notches, and changing the rev limit.

I think your issue sounds like your TPS, since on decel in gear im showing a stead 32.x AF on your tune.
    I changed my TPS with a K-Tuned TPS and I still see the dropouts, however there are much fewer...

Good stuff. Does the tune work ok? IE: Decent power? Send me a 2nd gear 2000-8000 rpm datalog and I'll graph it for power. Make sure there is little wind and a flat, smooth road.
    Last edited by Zzyzx; 03-23-2009 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AKEP View Post
    send me your datalog? mugenep3@gmail.com - vac should be lower than -22 to -24, duty cycle will go to 0 and a/f will shoot to 32 until your vac/tps/idle is normal speed and your a/f will go back to 14.7
    Will do. The more eyes the better. Hondata looked at it and said it may be the TPS as well. See post above.

Thread Information