Close

Guys with aftermarket seat rails

Hey guys,

Wondering if those who have aftermarket seat rails can give some input on rails.

What kind of rail:
    Side or base mount:
    Pleased with quality?:

Reason I ask, I got a buddy club rail for the driver side. It came faulty and the right rail would not lock. Got drop shipped from a vendor, so it's harder to deal with buddy club directly.

I'm looking for a super low seat rail for the driver. Seeing if anyone has experience with any rails other than Buddy club.

Sent from my awful auto correcting iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll start

What kind of rail: Buddy Club super low
    Side or base mount: Side
    Pleased with product: no. Came with defect, did not include adjuster bar.

Moderator=>PM 4 Help MugenReplica's Avatar
    I've used and currently still own......

What kind of rail: Nagisa Low Ep3 specific rail
    Side or base mount: Side
    Pleased with product: YES, but it only locks on one side. Other than that, it's the lowest rail i've ever sat in and I'm 6'4" tall with only a 30" inseam for pants aka LONG abdomen. It will even go lower than what my height is capable of supporting.

What kind of rail: Bride Ep3 specifi base mount for Brix II
    Side or base mount: Base
    Pleased with product: No. My hair hits the ceiling and is definitely higher up with some Brix II replicas than the RSX-S leather seats I used before.

What kind of rail: OEM RSX-S black leather seats/rails
    Side or base mount: Base
    Pleased with product: Yes. Low enough for my height (read above), but not quite low enough. I'd suggest trying the EM2 rails that I've heard work with the swap and drop the seat a bit. The seats also require a longer bolt and spacer on the inner most rear portion of the seat when using the RSX rails (can provide pics).

^ wow you've been through a few sets! Lol. I'll def look into the nagisa rail. Do you notice any seat/rail movement since it only locks on the one side.

Last edited by rd02SiR; 05-16-2012 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MugenReplica View Post
    ......I'm 6'4" tall........
    I'm 6'3" and I barely fit in the EP with the JDM EP3 Recaro's. Can you suggest a lowering seat rail that'll allow me to use a helmet in the Recaro seat?

Quote Originally Posted by DA9_GSR View Post
    I'm 6'3" and I barely fit in the EP with the JDM EP3 Recaro's. Can you suggest a lowering seat rail that'll allow me to use a helmet in the Recaro seat?
    Nagisa by far!! I don't think I can drop it to the last setting without not being able to see over the cluster bump. I let RedSiBaron and a few other guys sit in it and they couldn't see over the bump where it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by rd02SiR View Post
    ^ wow you've been through a few sets! Lol. I'll def look into the nagisa rail. Do you notice any seat/rail movement since it only locks on the one side.

Honestly a little bit, but for the drop it provided....I can't ask for anything else.

I just put my passenger seat in. Used a wedge engineering bracket and universal sliders. The universal sliders are GARBAGE!!! after 3 hours and some help, I got the seat in, but it's slightly crooked because the side mount brackets were a slight bit too narrow.

I know this. I'll be buying new rails ad brackets for each seat when the funds allow.

FUCK UNIVERSAL FITMENT!!

Nagisa by far!! I don't think I can drop it to the last setting without not being able to see over the cluster bump. I let RedSiBaron and a few other guys sit in it and they couldn't see over the bump where it is now.
    Nagisa doesn't have a solution for me. The JDM EP3 Recaro's are a bottom mount and this limits my
    selection for lowering seat rails. Know of anything else?

Quote Originally Posted by DA9_GSR View Post
    Nagisa doesn't have a solution for me. The JDM EP3 Recaro's are a bottom mount and this limits my
    selection for lowering seat rails. Know of anything else?
    Seriously try the OEM EM2 rails, I know they drop you a little and from some old threads on here (and 7thGen) it sounds as if it would possibly work.

Ryan, how low are you wanting to go? I know those seats sit pretty high, so maybe you don't want adjustability, just weld it to the floor lol. If you have rails, try a sparco/wedge bracket. That bracket sits somewhat low.

Seriously try the OEM EM2 rails, I know they drop you a little and from some old threads on here (and 7thGen) it sounds as if it would possibly work.
    I'll have to try that out.

Quote Originally Posted by rd02SiR View Post
    Ryan, how low are you wanting to go?
    I just want to fit in the car with a helmet. That's my goal. Right now (first thing in the morning) my hair touches the roof. In the afternoon (because of spine compression) I have less than half an inch of clearance. I can't fit in the car with a helmet. I have to tilt my head sideways, or awkwardly slouch down to fit.

I want to fit in the car with a helmet. That's it. Plain and simple. I would need 2-3 inches for that to happen.

Both the seat directly to the floor.
    Ultimate low.
    WTS: 17" beater wheels 4 lug, Dell Studio 1555 Laptop, Volvo Lip, Nikon mount lenses, BuddyClub wing, and more. PM me.
    http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...110#post935110

Thread Information