Close

Remote Door Locks Question

Recently got a 2002 Civic Si EP3. It came without a door lock remote, probably because the door lock actuators were shot. I replaced the acutators in both doors and now the locks work fine. I bought a remote on Ebay, but the car will not link with it. Did I buy a bad remote or is it possible my car was not equipped with a remote option? Can anybody tell me if remote door locks came standard as part of the Si package in 02? I made the assumption this was so based on the fact that the owners manual made no mention that it was an option. Is there anything special about the remote or should any 2 button Honda remote work? I have both shop manuals (mech & electrical) and they also do not call it an option. Any info would help!

AceEngineer

This procedure clears the transmitter codes and creates new ones, so you must program all remotes at the same time, even if one or more is already working.

Enter the car, and close all doors.

Each of the following steps must be completed within five seconds of completing the previous step. If you take longer or make a mistake, start the entire procedure over again.

Insert the key into the ignition, and hold one remote in your left hand. Whenever the instructions say to press the LOCK button, you should press the lock button on the remote for about a second and then release it.

Perform each of the following three steps in order, then repeat all three steps two more times, for a total of three times each:

1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position, marked II.
    2. Press the LOCK button.
    3. Turn the ignition switch to the Off position, marked I.

Do this three times!

Next, turn the ignition switch to the ON position (II) for a fourth time.

Press the LOCK button again. The door locks should now make a cycling sound, indicating that the system has entered Programming Mode.

Press the LOCK button one more time to program this remote. If you have other remotes to program, press the LOCK button on each one in turn. The door locks should make the cycling sound after you press LOCK on each remote. You may program up to three remotes, and they must all be programmed within ten seconds of each other.

Turn the ignition off and remove the key. The remotes are now programmed and may be tested.

Also the FCCID should be OUCG8D-380H-A on the back of the new remote or G8D-344H-A
    Last edited by Mighty_Mouse_Ep; 05-17-2012 at 11:09 AM.

Been there done that!!

That is the same procedure as in my shop manual. Been repeated more than enough times and no-go. Interesting, the FCC ID on the remote is NHVWB1U521 which is not one you mentioned. Dealer on Ebay says it's compatible with my car. Guess I better return it. Are the two FCCID's you listed the only ones that work in my particular model? Where can I find out more about these keyless remotes?

AceEngineer

Well the first fccid number is if you wanna do a ridgeline or accord key mod the second fccid number is off my factory OEM remotes

More Help!!

Mighty_Mouse_Ep,

What year EP3 do your factory OEM remotes belong to? The ebay remote dealer admits the FCC ID of the one he gave me is wrong and he asked if I knew an FCC ID that actually worked with my '02. I never had the remotes. Anybody else out there with an '02 EP3 that can tell me what the FCC ID is on their remotes? My VIN # is SHHEP33552U310XXX for reference.

Thanks,

AceEngineer

My ep is a 2004 got it bran new from Honda

Thread Information