Close

Unhappy Need some help on buying bumpers please!

I drive a 2004 White Ep3,
    Im in search of what's the best look for the money and MOST IMPORTANTLY THE BEST FIT AND BEST TRUSTED SITE FOR QUALITY!

I had just got my Duraflex B-2 front and back bumpers from Andysautosport.com and the front bumper has 9 spider cracks and some shipping damage and the same for the back bumper. I didnt worry too much about the spider cracks in hope that the people who do my body work would have no problem with it. In turn im getting charged another $150 from 3 different places for filling and bondoing the cracks from the poor quality bumper...Not to mention that where the grill section meets the bottom of the headlights is overlapping on both sides..

So what im asking is for some genuine help from Ep3 lovers like myself to give me the best and honest opinions on what I should, or if i should return them and buy a better quality brand of some sort off a better trusted website. Time is precious by the way considering ECHM is June 30th SO I NEED HELP PLEASE!.

White EP3

GDM Lights Installed Draw7Seven's Avatar
    As a rule, the fitment for aftermarket body kits for the EP3 is going to be awful. Without modification by the install shop, you're going to have a really shitty body kit... and on a more opinionated note, even if you DID get a great install, the car would still look like ass.

Call us fanboys, but most EP owners who take modding their EP's seriously are running OEM bumpers, whether they've added HFP components to the USDM setup or are running JDM bumpers with Type-R lips. Type-R replica lips are made to fit USDM bumpers, but depending on where you get them you'll probably have some difficulty getting a perfect match to the OEM bumper. These OEM methods are far more expensive than Duraflex bumpers, and that's largely because of the quality of build and fitment you're going to get. You get what you pay for.

Finally, if you insist upon having the spaceship look and want decent fitment, I would suggest sourcing Buddy Club bumpers. They'll probably fit with less issues than your current choice.

Or just fork over the 150, considering how much you'd spend in S&H just returning the parts, let alone how much you're going to spend on some show-car condition OEM bumpers/lips.

Agreed, I have never liked aftermarket fiberglass (or whatever fancy aerospace plastic reinforced glass that is not a proper ABS urethane factory piece) bumpers. The only exception to that is the TRD Millenium kit for the Supra.
    A good body shop doing really good work is going to cost you a grip load of cash and even half ass work is going to be expensive.

I am a fan of OEM and OEM+ when it comes to styling. Sure your car may not stand out as much as with some body kit, but I gaurantee you it won't look like ass either.
    My humble opinion, take it with a grain of salt...

Thread Information