Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crazy smoke!!

which model was this? its basically a t3/t4 type right?

Precision makes really good shit. There's no reason for anyone to bash them. There are cars that make 2-3000 hp on them with no issues. Sometimes you get a bad one.
    Quote Originally Posted by USAF EP3 View Post
    That sucks man. Time to go with a more quality turbo!! Garrett or Borg Warner I would recommend
    Garret and Precision use the same parts. Housings are usually different, but they are all based on a garret design for the most part

Quote Originally Posted by AKEP View Post
    which model was this? its basically a t3/t4 type right?
    Yea.. It's a 5252e

Quote Originally Posted by sleepy ep3 View Post
    Precision makes really good shit. There's no reason for anyone to bash them. There are cars that make 2-3000 hp on them with no issues. Sometimes you get a bad one.

Garret and Precision use the same parts. Housings are usually different, but they are all based on a garret design for the most part
    I know.

Well at least it isn't your valve seals , or your rings! I have had a similar issue using the #$@# gReddy banjo bold set up for an oil drain. About 4 K on the set up my oil would start backing up into the turbo via the oil drain and puff out blue smoke only on idle. The problem is when the oil gets in there and heats up it really cakes up your turbo leaving me with a half seized turbo :( . I am currently taping my oil pan and running a new drain and having my turbo rebuilt! what a pain in the ass.... good luck my friend

what oil are you using? im going to guess and say 5w20

here is the thing the greddy banjo fitting works fine, however..... since the oil return is under the oil level the system now needs to rely on oil pressure to pump it back into the pan (like blowing bubbles into a milkshake) the thing with 5w20 is it gets as thin as water when heated up (especially inside a turbo at idle where the car doesnt supply enough pressure) this thinner oil will work around bushing stlye seals in a normal turbo with extraordinary ease then it burns the charring pushes more on the seal untill well you know

10w30 is MUCH less likely to get around the normal wear and tear on turbo seals (your turbo will die before it get through)

if i remember correctly the greddy instructions i had back in 04 said to use 10w30

i used 10w30 on my greddy kit for years then again on my fullrace setup and never had turbo issues (i did have a gt35r die on the dyno but that was a defect from garrett where the weep hol on the oil fitting internal to the turbo was blocked off by casting flash)

weltall vanish
    Last edited by ep_hatcher_510; 04-06-2009 at 02:35 AM.
    i once had a 592whp ep on pump gas, i sold it and bought a Z
    (heed my advice i know what im doing)

I was using 5w30 but now with this new turbo I put in 10w30.

Quote Originally Posted by weltall View Post

here is the thing the greddy banjo fitting works fine, however..... since the oil return is under the oil level the system now needs to rely on oil pressure to pump it back into the pan (like blowing bubbles into a milkshake) the thing with 5w20 is it gets as thin as water when heated up (especially inside a turbo at idle where the car doesnt supply enough pressure) this thinner oil will work around bushing stlye seals in a normal turbo with extraordinary ease then it burns the charring pushes more on the seal untill well you know

10w30 is MUCH less likely to get around the normal wear and tear on turbo seals (your turbo will die before it get through)

if i remember correctly the greddy instructions i had back in 04 said to use 10w30

i used 10w30 on my greddy kit for years then again on my fullrace setup and never had turbo issues (i did have a gt35r die on the dyno but that was a defect from garrett where the weep hol on the oil fitting internal to the turbo was blocked off by casting flash)

weltall vanish
    Nice to see you still come on from time to time og... good stuff
    I also like the signature qoute haha

to the op
    Thicker wieght oil is always a good thing when stepping up to a turbo set up... 10w 30 is a good I always used castrol syntec, it was just me but I loved that oil, still do hahaha

Registered User gtimportfanatic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by weltall View Post

weltall vanish
    The MuthaFawkin Legend!! Good words man

One other questions, after letting it sit for so long did you prime the turbo before starting it up?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information