Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ^^^ I am glad it was helpful for u.

Since I am in Turkey in every summers I get that taste. Hope to get them in US.

does turkey get the EDM R or JDM R? k20a2 or k20a? personally i wouldnt turbo a k20a (JDM)... high compression and aggressive cams aside- the fact that those motors go for 5-6grand a pop and then add a turbo on top of that just does not make sense to me. if you want boost and dont want to break the bank, i would sell your k20a and look for a k20a2 or a k24 to turbo. you could probably cover the cost of another swap and the turbo kit just from the money you would get from your JDM motor. if your set on boosting your JDM motor- just make sure you have a very good tuner

We have k20a in Turkey. The guy who tuned the car is genius. Finding a k24 or k20a2 motor is not easy in Turkey. Usually we have to import them from outside, so which will cost us more. You are right about what you said, you can do it in U.S, but not in Turkey.
    Last edited by EUB44; 06-15-2012 at 04:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by differentK View Post
    does turkey get the EDM R or JDM R? k20a2 or k20a? personally i wouldnt turbo a k20a (JDM)... high compression and aggressive cams aside- the fact that those motors go for 5-6grand a pop and then add a turbo on top of that just does not make sense to me. if you want boost and dont want to break the bank, i would sell your k20a and look for a k20a2 or a k24 to turbo. you could probably cover the cost of another swap and the turbo kit just from the money you would get from your JDM motor. if your set on boosting your JDM motor- just make sure you have a very good tuner
    I guess i never really though of sellin the jdm motor lol. Thats a really good point though. Only problem is now that backs my plans up because its my only car since the GF is needin my other car. So i guess i need to buy a new car, then sell the jdm motor for 3000-3500 and grab a k24a2 with hopefully 1k left over to go toward the turbo, so all in all i guess then it will only cost me 4k to boost instead of 6k.

Damn dude....I am glad for forums , you get people throwing ideas around your bound to find a good one.

you dont necessarily need a k24a2 unless thats personal preference. you could pick up a k24a1 or k24a4 for around $500 then add the turbo.... depending on the turbo setup you want to run- your JDM swap could finance the whole thing. if you check k20a.org- you will see a bunch of stock block k24s making awesome power- easily over 350-400whp. if you really want boost- i would stay away from JDM. there are plenty of other safer, reliable, cheaper, and proven alternatives when it comes to a boosted K.

http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=63867

just to give you some ideas.

thats really helpful advice. I was reading too and i am pretty sure the k24a2 still has the oil squirters down in the block. I was told a lot of ppl plug them anyways to get more oil pressure for turbo. So i may just go with a a1 or a4 so the squirters are just not even there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information