Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

K20a, would like to boost it, need confirmation.

Wondering If its internals are any stronger or different then any of the other k series motors. My tuner has a turbo kit on his RSX-s at about 450 at the wheels for nearly 2 years now bone stock and the trans is just now f'in up.

I was curious if with about 8-10 pounds of boost could i accomplish the same basically. I was told by him he seen the k20a hold 500 whp. I am looking at the fullrace stage 2 kit if that makes any differance.

I would eventually swap out the bottom end for a built one and also upgrade to the s2000 oil pump converstion even before that. I just want it to have more power, but hold up too till i can swap out that bottom end.

There's a couple stock k20's hitting 600whp on stock internals using the gt42r. It doesn't spool up for shit, but if you just want the numbers, that's how to do it.

nah it isnt so much numbers as usability. I just want to add the extra 200 hp without issue if my tuner was not just a lucky case i guess is what i am trying to figure out. He was telling me the k20a2, k20a, k20z's, could all easily handle a turbo regardless the compression ratio. He also went on to add the k20a had oil squirters which in the long haul add durability

No. He's not a lucky case. Plenty are in the 450-500 range on stock internals. Most plug their oil squirters when they go turbo to build slightly more oil pressure to feed the turbo. That's what is being done on my k24 turbo build. It helps with higher boost and journal bearing turbos. What Trans are you going to use?

pm sent to ya

GDM Lights Installed Draw7Seven's Avatar
    The A2 is of a very similar design as your A, and has its own oil squirters. However, as mentioned your tuner may have plugged his for the increased oil pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by AttarixEp View Post
    No. He's not a lucky case. Plenty are in the 450-500 range on stock internals. Most plug their oil squirters when they go turbo to build slightly more oil pressure to feed the turbo. That's what is being done on my k24 turbo build. It helps with higher boost and journal bearing turbos. What Trans are you going to use?
    Im running the A type r trans. I was going to put a shorter final drive it it when i was having all that done to help with a lil more top speed and less accl. That sounds good tho, so i may just plug the squirters and add the ERL s2k pump, should have plenty of oil. And on turbo i think im gonna do a ball bearing not a steel journal.

support our sponsors, Witz has the private label sidewinder manifold (and down pipe) for a steal compared to a full race. I've purchased from them, they ship fast. Will be my next manifold too.

Quote Originally Posted by AKEP View Post
    support our sponsors, Witz has the private label sidewinder manifold (and down pipe) for a steal compared to a full race. I've purchased from them, they ship fast. Will be my next manifold too.
    I have considered just buying bit by bit of a kit. It is prolly what i will actually end up doing anyways since saving 5k is harder then spending 1k at a time

Quote Originally Posted by 04SiSpeed View Post
    I have considered just buying bit by bit of a kit. It is prolly what i will actually end up doing anyways since saving 5k is harder then spending 1k at a time
    I fyou really want good stuff, save your money and buy good stuff. Buying cheap you don't save anything, due to the fact that it either:
    1. Breaks
    2. Causes other problems
    3. End up buying the good stuff after being disappointed therefore spending the money twice

I hope you're not talking about getting that much power out of an A3 with stock internals...

This is my friends k20 Typer in Turkey. Of course it doesnt have stock internals but pretty strong car. http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=87349 ( It has all the details that have been done on the car.)
    Also check out K20a.org for more info.
    Last edited by EUB44; 06-08-2012 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepy ep3 View Post
    I fyou really want good stuff, save your money and buy good stuff. Buying cheap you don't save anything, due to the fact that it either:
    1. Breaks
    2. Causes other problems
    3. End up buying the good stuff after being disappointed therefore spending the money twice

I totally agree, the more you spend the less problems down the road all around you will always have. Most products that are cheaper are made in a factory in china n never put through any kinda of product test before it is shipped out to the suppliers. So more likely to get a defect, and in turbo that is not something you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Popeye View Post
    I hope you're not talking about getting that much power out of an A3 with stock internals...
    The title says K20a my man, not k20a3. N plus look at my signature, has it there too. I blew that turd up years ago lol
    Last edited by powdbyrice; 03-26-2009 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EUB44 View Post
    This is my friends k20 Typer in Turkey. Of course it doesnt have stock internals but pretty strong car. http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=87349 ( It has all the details that have been done on the car.)
    Also check out K20a.org for more info.

Thank you for that it had a lot of my questions answered actually.

Man the Euro crew is so lucky to be blessed with a type R from honda. Maybe one day they will let us Americans have a taste from the dealer...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information