Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

seat belt lifetime warranty?

So my seat belt retractor has gotten to the point were i feel it is of no use to wear my seat belt. Its so loose that if i were to get into an accident i don't think it would protect me much at all. I recall reading somewhere that Honda offers a lifetime warranty on there seat belts. I was wondering is anyone has taken advantage of his and if so how to go about using it. Or would i be better off just buying new ones and replacing them myself. i haven't tampered with the seat belts as i know it voids the lifetime warranty on them.

Its not lifetime anymore its 150,000 miles. Just go to a Honda dealer and show them your belt and they will order you one

well thats unfortunate i just rolled over 150,000. lol thanks though. : )

go there and see what they say.

i never heard of any car manufacturer putting a deadline on seatbelts.

i had a 1992 nissan and the seatbelt was messed up. i took it to the dealer and they attempted to fix it for free.
    EPHATCH.COM 4 LYFE!! OFF THA CHAIN KREW #1

udontknowjack's mom was here....twice!

UPDATED SITE INFO!

Want to become a Site Sponsor? Click Here!

PM for HELP!!

they are covered for life from honda. i can 100% attest to this as my retractors were shot on the driver and pass side, and went into honda and had brand spanking new belts and retractors installed free of charge. did the same thing with my sn-95 98 cobra... car is 14 years old and ford was happy to do it free of charge. It is mandated thru the NHSA (national highway and safety association) as it is a life safety device, and has nothing to do with the cars "out of warranty" work
    Last edited by ep3k20; 05-31-2012 at 04:59 PM.

they are only covered under lifetime warrenty in the US. In Canada, they are 3 year warrenty unless the original owner opted for the extended service package, then its 5 years. Sucks.

So what if the seat belts don't retract smoothly and automatically? Meaning, when you unbuckle the belt, it doesn't retract automatically and you're having to move it so it goes back to its original state?

I've gotten so annoyed by this that I've been thinking of buying new replacements so they can move the way they did when the car was new.

Quote Originally Posted by epcivicboy08 View Post
    So what if the seat belts don't retract smoothly and automatically? Meaning, when you unbuckle the belt, it doesn't retract automatically and you're having to move it so it goes back to its original state?

I've gotten so annoyed by this that I've been thinking of buying new replacements so they can move the way they did when the car was new.
    Then its technically a faulty seat belt. And is totally covered by Honda free of charge

looks like il be taking it in and seeing what the dealership can do. ^_^ mine are beyond an annoyance it pretty much lays limp in my lap no protection. : /

i heard the 02/03 were lifetime, but the 04/05 were limited...

my 03 had the retracting issue.

Quote Originally Posted by HOTTPISS View Post
    looks like il be taking it in and seeing what the dealership can do. ^_^ mine are beyond an annoyance it pretty much lays limp in my lap no protection. : /

take it to honda,i just took my ej8 up to the dealer for the exact same thing they fixed it no prob. 180,000 miles

Great info to know! I'd have gotten this fixed 2 years ago!

Mine used to do this. Over time, the belt accumulates dirt, moisture and film from our hands and stays built into the belt. This causes the belt to thicken / harden and prevents it from rolling together in the retractor assembly. This is where I steam cleaned / extracted the dirt, moisture and film from the belt. Now it works perfectly. If the dealer won't help you, get someone with a steam cleaner / extractor to do this for you.

I'll try to use an extractor at work then! Thanks for the tip Ryan!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information