Close

depo head light adjustment?

So i just installed some new depo headlights, i was wondering if there is any way to adjust the angle of the lights. the passenger side light seems to be directed more outward and alittle more up. I was told by someone that this is normal? I'm just having a hard time getting used to it i feel like i have enough light on the road but was wondering if there was any way to adjust them.

GDM Lights Installed Draw7Seven's Avatar
    02/03 style or the 04/05 "projectors" that Depo makes? Either way there should be 2 adjustment screws on the back of the housing for each lamp. Turning one screw adjusts the vertical alignment and the other adjusts the horizontal. Rub your fingertips along the back of the housing and you'll find them.
    -Matt-
    2005 MR RSX-S
    Quote Originally Posted by hyu View Post
    If I wanted power I would have kept my neon

Ah, here we are:

Quote Originally Posted by eccramer View Post
    Since I feel like this all too often, I figured I'd answer my own question for the benefit of future people looking for an answer to this.

The lower bolt under the high beam (farthest bolt towards the radiator) is for up/down adjustment, and the high bolt above the low beam (and partially obscured by the fender ) does in fact adjust left/right. However, it takes WAY MORE ROTATIONS to adjust the beam to the right than it does adjusting it up and down. Also, the gear portion is in a very awkward area, and I've not yet gotten a screwdriver to easily and reliably turn it.

So here's a tip for aiming, DO NOT BOLT THE LIGHT ALL THE WAY IN AND REINSTALL THE BUMPER BEFORE AIMING. The best thing to do is to get the left/right aiming close before bolting the light in so that you can reach the left/right adjustment bolt with a 10mm socket wrench and an extension. Get it pretty close, and then bolt the lights in. Then you can aim the lights to get them dialed in, reinstall the bumper, and enjoy your baller projectors.
    -Matt-
    2005 MR RSX-S

AHHH thank you so much ; )
    Quote Originally Posted by Draw7Seven View Post
    Ah, here we are:

Hey, so I'm that guy that wrote that thing you just read. Beware, aiming these headlights might be the hardest thing in the universe. As far as I can tell, the left/right adjustment messes with the up/down adjustment and vice-versa, so whenever I would get the left/right dialed in and start on the up down, it would fuck up the left/right alignment. I ended up over-tightening the adjustment screw on the driver's side, and CRACKED THE HIGHBEAM REFLECTOR BECAUSE I AM AN IDIOT! Cracking the adjustment screw off makes the headlight absolutely useless, because the whole light assembly will then just point down and search for bugs and you'll never get them aimed again. Since they're only 190 bucks for a set, I got another pair, but I haven't installed them yet. If you figure out how to aim them well, PM me please haha. I'll be installing my new set soon, so if I figure anything out I'll post something in that old thread and link to it here.

What's funny is I fully disassembled a pair of these, plugged in TSX projectors, resealed and then aligned them without any problems. But I agree that each screw does sort of a "diagonal" adjustment, you have to sort of do a quarter turn on one, then on the other, etc to get them just right. Don't "dial in" one screw then head over to the other, do it as a set. And if you feel any resistance, just back off of it and try to adjust the other screw instead to prevent anything from breaking. I think some sets just ship with a better alignment than others, so you may have a little or a lot of finagling to do.
    -Matt-
    2005 MR RSX-S

That's what I figure. I fully take responsibility for breaking my first set, since I was getting frustrated and was reefing on it too hard. I just need to get MOAR PATIENCE and take things slower. I'm thinking about retrofitting TSX projector units at some point, but I'm going to hold off for now. Thanks Draw7Seven!

I got mine last week and dialed them in pretty well then today I installed Hids and left for my part time over night job and was like fuck I need to readjust for some reason since the projection of light was like 2 feet in front of me

Thread Information