Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rolling front fenders possible?

Ok, so I am about to do some suspension work and am looking to drop my car about 2". Right now I'm running 17X7.5 wheels with 225/45/17 Dunlop DZ101 and it'll be close but if the fenders are rolled then there should be enough clearance. The back isn't a problem but I'm kinda confused as to what to do about the front? If I just pull the fender liners won't that affect my CAI with a ton of dirt and debri?

I didn't roll my fenders when I had 17s on my ep but I had 215/50/17 on my car with a offset of 40

MANNY KID 15

It's fine now, but with running 225s it's slightly larger and I'm about to drop it. It's fine now but when I lower it there will be issues if I don't do something about the fenders.

You can roll fronts. Depends on tire size, offset and wheel size, if you'll need to or not. I rub slightly at full lock, on uneven ground/cornering. Nothing to be alarming, no tire wear on the sidewalls. But there is a small amount of rubber on my fenders. I should be getting them rolled with a roller soon, if I don't do them @ home with a heat gun and improvised tools.

Ok So it is possible, I had always just heard of people pulling the fronts and never rolling them
    Last edited by j0000stin; 03-25-2009 at 10:55 PM.

You can roll the fronts, there just isn't much to roll
    but there are definitely tabs than can be rolled back
    if you still have fitment problems, you can phonebook the front fitment.
    Works very well actually, it pulls the fenders just a tad, and wrap around your wheel
    but at the size, I doubt you'd need to pull at all
    this is for more aggressive/ flush/ poke, fitments.

Goodluck
    WTS: 17" beater wheels 4 lug, Dell Studio 1555 Laptop, Volvo Lip, Nikon mount lenses, BuddyClub wing, and more. PM me.
    http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...110#post935110

What's phonebooking the fenders? I've never heard of that before

all depends on offset and width,17x7.5's with normal offset should have no issues. if it does rub start by trimming or removing the plastic inner liner first.

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper27 View Post
    What's phonebooking the fenders? I've never heard of that before
    Phone book, (any book technically, paperback stuff)
    And I've heard of people using skateboards, but I've never done it, and doubt I'd ever do it.

But basically, you roll your fronts (the things that needs to be rolled, like the immediate lip and/or tabs.

Next, jack your car up in the front.
    Place phone book in wheel gap, set the car down
    The paper from the phone book slides and bends to the shape of the fender, and to the general shape of the tire/wheel.
    heat your fenders up, and hop up and down on the bumper rebar, or something else up front.
    Basically, it will pull your fenders out per shape of wheel/tire fitment.

If you've never done this, don't do it unless you're confident in how this works.

That's how many of car owners in the whole 'fitment' community do it.

Goodluck.
    If you're looking for dead one, paper thin, credit card, fitment
    Either be very patient and precise, or take to to somebody who is.
    If you're just looking for easy clearance, and not so concerned about having your fitment down to mm, you can roll it you self
    Though even then, be patient, and precise.
    WTS: 17" beater wheels 4 lug, Dell Studio 1555 Laptop, Volvo Lip, Nikon mount lenses, BuddyClub wing, and more. PM me.

Yes, it is certainly possible to roll the front fenders. You should not need to roll the fronts with that wheel and tire combo though. I ran 235/40/17 Toyo RA-1s on 17 X 7.5 + 38 offset SSR GT2s. I had to roll the rear, but not the front. You may be going lower than I am, but I still think you will be fine.

Awesome, thanks for all te advise guys. After doing some research I'm probably going with some Tein S-techs for a 1 1/2 inch drop instead of a full 2" and then getting some Koni yellows down the road. I'll definetly have to roll the back but hopefully not the front.

Another quick question tho, my tie rod ends on the front are going out and I need to replace them, for a 1.5" drop do I need inverted ends or can I just run OEM?

Just run on OEM. You can certainly get the inverteds, and if I had to replace mine it would certainly be something I would consider, but you don't need them.

Ok, I was told that you could only use them if you were really slammed and then I was told that it didn't matter so I was kinda confused on them.

I would have to do some research on them to be honest. My point is that they may be helpfull with a moderate drop it certainly is not required. I still have the stock tie rods and ends on my car and it has had a moderate drop since 2004.

Yeah I really don't think you'll have an issues as far as tie-rod ends.
    Our car's (ep3s) really don't do too well when they are slammed.
    Basically if you're slammed, you're causing a hell of a lot of stress to your tierod ends.
    Inverted tie-rod ends ease the stress, with/that it can help some alignment stuff but you shouldn't hit that problem

I consider my self to be pretty low
    Stock tie-rod ends, and aligned

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information