Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchlikesbikes View Post
    getting meth before even a race header and exhaust seems ridiculous to me. even if it is hot outside, you're not going to be reaching any point where meth is going to be necessary to make more power. meth on the stock drinking straw sized exhaust won't do much.
    what I needed to know.

So i am leaning towards HKS, nice sound, doesn't sound all fart cannish. Litte hard to find used. I am in no rush.

The supercharger FAQ states that there are optimal Race Headers, but then doesn't list which ones. Any recommendations?

And I am thinking 3" even though its louder, just because it would be better for the K24 swap right?
    Last edited by TheBestUkester; 06-08-2012 at 10:59 AM.

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    3in exhaust isn't gona do anything for u until u start making over 250 whp. As for race header . There'd kiddracing dc sport buddy club .

Quote Originally Posted by superchargedk20 View Post
    If ur not running the 3.8 pulley then i wouldnt do the meth. I agree with what most said. Get a good rh with a nice exhaust. U need that high flow first. I only ran the meth when I went with the 3.8 pulley.

i completely agree, i ran a 50/50 meth/ water set up when i was JRSC (3.8) and it tended to have more problems then it did benefits. I vote RH and a GOOD exhaust, it will help that bitch breath better

Why did u have problems? I ran just regular washer fluid and with 3.8 pulley and meth I made real good numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by superchargedk20 View Post
    3in exhaust isn't gona do anything for u until u start making over 250 whp. As for race header . There'd kiddracing dc sport buddy club .
    No i know the brands, and think I want a 4-2-1. But the FAQ specifically mentions optimal brands, but then doesn't list the best ones. It says the Injen Type-S intake is a bigger diameter (followed up by my own searching and researching) so I know thats the best. But there is no solid dyno sheets or facts or whatever I can find on race headers for supercharged ep3's.

And eventually I think I will be making a bit over 250hp? After the mods planned and a k24 swap? I just don't see the need to buy things twice? Unless I would need a whole new exhaust anyways... The things above I plan on doing eventually, just slowly over time ;)

Ohhhhh. This whole time I though u were talking about a k20a3... Yea I don't really recall much testing fo a header. There is one header that was highly recomended . I forget what it was called off the top of my head. But it has to be special ordered and cost over a grand. If u search hard enough you will find info on it here, but again for 1k I duno. I thought I went HAM when I ordered the buddy club one. It cost me 720 and that was a sale price lol. I would stay away from the dc sport one, I recall it wasn't great. I heard kiddracing is really good, but the buddy club was a real good header, just pricey

I like the way the J's race 4-2-1 header looks. 2 piece and all. Really effing pricey.

I have a hard time finding for sure specs on any of them is the problem...

the kiddracing RH is nice- i am using one now. it would also benefit you when you do the k24 swap since it should fit with your stock front sway as mine did. i cant really agree that you NEED a 3in with a k24... im using a custom 2.5in with mine- it breathes just fine and im just over 300whp. after you take care of the basic bolt-ons and are looking for more boost/ power- i think meth is the way to go. im in the process of adding a smaller pulley and meth to my setup as we speak.... aiming for 340-350whp at around 9-10psi

Quote Originally Posted by differentK View Post
    the kiddracing RH is nice- i am using one now. it would also benefit you when you do the k24 swap since it should fit with your stock front sway as mine did. i cant really agree that you NEED a 3in with a k24... im using a custom 2.5in with mine- it breathes just fine and im just over 300whp. after you take care of the basic bolt-ons and are looking for more boost/ power- i think meth is the way to go. im in the process of adding a smaller pulley and meth to my setup as we speak.... aiming for 340-350whp at around 9-10psi
    Bingo, just what I needed to know. I was working on the car yesterday, looks like the PO has some custom mid pipe as well as this axle back. didn't notice that before...

Not that it really matters, but still. Interesting he went through the trouble of having a custom mid pipe welded, but went with a shitty twin loop axle back.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information