Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    If you want to get technical and go for the longest stock trans, the base RSX 5-speed would take it. 4.3 FD and the longest gears of all K20 trans, install a TSX 6th gear and you got a stock trans that will get you over 180 MPH. That is if you got the engine to go that fast.

Registered User mitchlikesbikes's Avatar
    i'm not saying this six speed is longest, but it's just not quite as bad as it would be if it were stock.

this has the 4.3 final drive, and honestly yes the 5 speed vid looks much faster, it was also on a fresh tune that was maybe a week old and it was 30 degrees out, the 6 speed vid i took with a vtec system malfunction cel and on a 70 degree humid night. i think if i did the vid's the same day they'd be identical in acceleration, mind you guys i will have another vid when the car is retuned with the new parts, and remember im not upping the boost MAYBE more than a half a psi so the power increase would be 10whp at best

9.5 - 12psi on a tune is good for like 45hp tho. lol - the base rsx has LONG 1-2 gears tho, with sticky tires that should help net you some good 60ft and 0-60 times vs any other transmission. and the tsx/accord 6/5th would make a sick highway gear.

but you're right, the type-s vs ep3 trans shouldn't make a difference in acceleration, they've already proved that na 1/4 times were the same. my theory is with boost, you'll want to shift less in any race environment since you can swing the power.

you should put the ep3 gears on the 4.3 final. and add a tsx/accord 6th/5th.
    Last edited by AKEP; 06-24-2012 at 11:54 PM.

with the 5speed tranny i think its faster.

the 6 speed swap is a no go. You will have a tough time launching the car. My name is Archie, I used to have a 2002 silver boosted ep3 and did a 6 speed swap back in the day. You will go thru first gear quick and you will have a tough time because your going thru more gears instead of being in a longer gear. Your top speed will be a bit higher thou. Rocky and the guys from Showstoppers will vouch for me. I suggest also getting a bit larger injectors for you to run e85....

Registered User gtimportfanatic's Avatar
    it's called launching in 2nd gear guy lol.. and E85 ain't too common around here for a daily driven vehicle, so pumpin it is the way

Registered User gtimportfanatic's Avatar
    so im guessing you didnt blow ur head gasket... what was the issue?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information