Close

speaker install help

I'm having a little problem running the wiring from my door to the car, how do I do it? I just don't see any room

Use lube like silicone spray so the wire slides thru the door grommet also a coat hanger works too. Why are you running new speaker leads to the door why not use the factory lines

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty_Mouse_Ep View Post
    Use lube like silicone spray so the wire slides thru the door grommet also a coat hanger works too. Why are you running new speaker leads to the door why not use the factory lines
    I'm ruining the wire because I'm ruining off an amp, don't think I can use stock wire for that..

Quote Originally Posted by TheBerrynator View Post
    I'm ruining the wire because I'm ruining off an amp, don't think I can use stock wire for that..
    You can run the amp speaker wires to the back of the radio and use the lines there

You can run the amp speaker wires to the back of the radio and use the lines there
    +1 why run new wire when its already there? Been running like that on all speakers for yrs now no issues

I guess I could do that, I think the EE side of me would rather have an unbroken connection from amp to speaker

what quality are the lines in the car? I'm going to install some 100W rms alpines in front and rear, expected to have to run new wire...

*bump* anyone else replaced / re-using the stock wire to the doors for their system?

What i did with my system is my 4 channel amp in under the floor of the trunk and i ran 4 sets of speaker wire to the back of the deck then reused the stock lines. I have been using the stock lines with 100 rms per channel 4 channel amp for 6+ years never had a problem. What you can also do is run speaker leads directly to the rear channels then use the stock rear speaker leads for the front doors. So what you do is run 2 sets of leads off your amp the the rear speakers one set goes to the new speaker another set goes to the factory rear lines. When you have the new set hooked up to the factory rear lines you go to the back of the deck then cross the rear lines with the fronts turning the factory rear speaker leads to front speaker leads. This way saves you a lot of time from running speaker leads to the back of the deck or thru the doors.

Thread Information