Close

the dreaded "Honda Rot"...question about pannel

So my car has started to show signs of the dreaded "Honda Rot". Just at the back side of my passenger side 1/4 pannel, I'm starting to get a small buble of rust starting. I pulled my rear bumper off last night to do some investigating and found that the small aporin piece that sits right behind the wheel, where the bumper attaches to/protects the muffler is starting to get pretty soft. It only has what appears to be surface rust so far.

I was wondering if anyone knew if just that small aporin section is replaceable, or am i going to need to invest in a 1/4 pannel?

I'm going to go talk to my body shop on Monday and see what they say, but I want to do some investigation prior to talking to them. I have pics of the rust that I will upload when I get home from work.

Pics of the rust....

I found a bit of rust where the rear bumper clips in, but its just a tiny bit surface rust. I might just sand it down and hit it with some POR15.

The rust on the backside of the aporin...

perspective

thoughts? Do you think I can replace just that aporin section? or am I going 1/4 pannel shopping?

so i got a quote from the bodyshop next to my work and they want $1300 cash to fix the rust spot (cut, weld in a new piece of metal, and paint the 1/4 pannel), prep and paint my type-r bumpers and cut and buff the entire car. The guy said he won't mount the bumpers or skirts though because "he doesn't do custom". I'm gonna take off my interior pannels and take a look on the inside to see if thats where the rust started or if its from under the car. If its on the inside, im gonna hit it with a wire brush and some POR15, hopefully stops it from spreading any more than it has.

Thread Information