Close

Question 2003 civic si ep3 a/c condenser fan question

hi guys new to the ep3 jus got mine in may now its june and its hot 105 today and the a/c isnt working so i took it to a shop got the vac and recharge done $150w/tax a bit high if u ask me but i called like 10 shops all told me that cant get to it for like 2 days so i found this shop anyways drove away a/c blew cold hit a red light i blew cool reached home sat in my driveway B^^$% got HOT so i went straight back to the shop to find that my condenser fan isnt working they checked relays fuses ect tried jumping it to the battery no luck so now they wanna charge me $250 more to get and install a new condenser fan im like hell no i will order one and do it myself i checked online found this http://www.drivewire.com/search/?Ntt...0&t_event=true now ive changed parts in hondas before even did a transmission swap in my 97 civic but after looking under the hood of the ep3 i was like damn im gonna have to take out everything jus to get to this fan .my question anyone have a simple step guide to replacing a condenser fan? will this fan work (check link) ?i didnt order nothing yet but im thinking the battery ,air filter box even maybe the intake manifold has to come off because theres no room to work or is there an easier way ?sorry in advance for the novice question but im used to d and b series this is my first k any input will be greatly appreciated thx

I haven't taken the fan off, but I doubt you have to remove all that much to do it. What about from the bottom? I suggest buying a service manual.

More importantly, do not do business with drivewire.com. They are a company run by people with NO customer service skills at all. I ordered a clutch for my Merkur XR4Ti, and it was the wrong size. When I called back, they told me it was my mistake for ordering a clutch for the non-turbo model, and they guy hung up on me when I told him there is no such car. Every time I called I got the run-around, I still have that clutch, dunno what car it's for, it was in the wrong box.

Thread Information