Close

05 no reflash.why?

Ive looked and still found nothing on it yet. If the setting on the ep all years is generally the same. And the 04 and 05 are the same. What the hell males the 05 unflashable and why cant you use an 04 ecu then? Im sure everyone in my position wants to know this as well..does anyone know? Has anyone called hondata and asked?

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure it works. If u buy the jrsc for the ep the reflash is an option and its for all years. I never dealt with the reflash but if u can kpro the 05 why couldn't u reflash.

The PNF A13 ('05 ep3's) are a no go for the reflash. K-Pro is the only option other than finding an earlier ecu to reflash. This link is direct from the Hondata forum on their website. I know - it sucks...
    http://www.hondata.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=13812

Thats lame. They are losing money with that.not everyone can drop a grand on kpro.especially just for boltons.

Sorry bro i know what you mean. Peeps are always bashing the 02-03 do to it looks naked with out the oem side skirts and is only 4 lug but haha the 02-03 strikes again lighter and revs higher and in this case can be reflashed. Thanks for the info had no clue about this reflash issue on the 05. Guess you learn something new everyday. Anyways just save up for kpro.

Quit crying. Go buy a pnf ECU and reflash it and then sell yours. Too easy. The world isn't going to end. At least you don't drive a 05-06 RSX-S

Supposedly your cant run any other year ecu on the 05 without kpro from what ive been reading.

Registered User Her-Name's-Ally's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1st View Post
    Sorry bro i know what you mean. Peeps are always bashing the 02-03 do to it looks naked with out the oem side skirts and is only 4 lug but haha the 02-03 strikes again lighter and revs higher and in this case can be reflashed. Thanks for the info had no clue about this reflash issue on the 05. Guess you learn something new everyday. Anyways just save up for kpro.
    ^ don't forget bigger sways too. 04...winning haha
    annyways yeah bro that is a bust. you should call hondata and ask them what your options are

Well basicly its just kpro. But likke i said not everyone has gone all out on there 05..its just kind of whack that the 04 gets it but 05 doesnt? Wtf. Im thinkin about calling and seeing what i can do like you said. Maybe they know something we dont.

Registered User Her-Name's-Ally's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by black05ep View Post
    Well basicly its just kpro. But likke i said not everyone has gone all out on there 05..its just kind of whack that the 04 gets it but 05 doesnt? Wtf. Im thinkin about calling and seeing what i can do like you said. Maybe they know something we dont.
    I just dont see why reflashing an older ecu wouldnt work. Holla i feel like that guy who posted on that forum didnt know or was being lazy and didnt want to check

Quote Originally Posted by Blah1219 View Post
    Quit crying. Go buy a pnf ECU and reflash it and then sell yours. Too easy. The world isn't going to end. At least you don't drive a 05-06 RSX-S
    What's bad about the rsx?

05-06 RSX type S stock ECU is not compatible with KPRO- you need an 02-04 RSX type S ECU with an adapter harness to use KPRO
    http://hondata.com/kpro0506.html

I know but why does it make that worse than havig an 05 ep3? Atleast 05 - 06 rsx has a reflash option.

I think this works in this situation :)

Quote Originally Posted by torquetc View Post
    I think this works in this situation :)

Ahhhhhhhhhahahahahahaha that hilarious., oman thats perfect.

Thread Information