Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    GDM Lights Installed Draw7Seven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sistealth02 View Post
    I have also hear that the BCSS is a piece of crap....any body also hear this?
    Lol I've never heard anybody say that. I've heard it was a bitch to install but other than maybe HID projectors it seems to be one of those "I'M SO GLAD I DID THIS" mods.

Registered User Her-Name's-Ally's Avatar
    hahah agree with below never heard of anyone disliking it.

I also have never heard such a thing. I would not go as far as other users and say its the best upgrade I've done, but I certainly do not regret the cost nor the install.

That is my opinion and somewhere someone probably disagrees with either it or my wording of my own sentiment so my opinion may in fact be erroneous. Take said commentary with a grain of salt.

I'm not trying to dog on Buddyclub....I have many of their upgrades installed on my car. SO I love my Buddyclub, however I was just stating from some other threads that I have read that others complained that the BCSS broke a lot because it has a lot of small plastic pieces, and that it sucked, etc.

I was just merely trying to see what the general concensus was and what other's experiences were with the BCSS. Main reason being, is because I was trying to do some research cuz I was thinking about getting a BCSS and swapping out my Neuspeed SS for it.

I do have a question though, anybody have the metal shifter cable and shifter base bushings (either from Hybrid Racing or Corsport)??? If so, how do you like them? Any problems noticed?

I have Hybrid Racing shifter cable bushings, and corsport shifter base bushings paired with my BCSS. I LOVE how it feels. Very little play in the system compared to the OEM bushings and shifter assy.

It's like going from driving a Chevy Tracker to driving an Integra. The difference in throw and feel is amazing. Short up/down and left/right. Solid feeling going into and leaving every gear. In between gears at first it didn't want to center(between 3rd and 4th), but after a few months the springs are worn in and everything feels as good or better than the day I installed the BCSS.

So far, to be honest it's the best $$$ I've spent on my car.

Quote Originally Posted by whatsvtec View Post
    It's like going from driving a Chevy Tracker to driving an Integra. The difference in throw and feel is amazing. Short up/down and left/right. Solid feeling going into and leaving every gear. In between gears at first it didn't want to center(between 3rd and 4th), but after a few months the springs are worn in and everything feels as good or better than the day I installed the BCSS.
    I had the same issue after first installing, but also with use, the shifter has worn in very nicely. I have noticed the benefit of the SS more so in those random occasions I go to the hill country with lots of shifting. I cant express myself any better than saying it simply feels "right".

While this is how I feel about this particular product, it is highly suggested you take said commentary with a grain of salt.

things went the other way man ending getting kmods complete kpro k24a1 head a2 cams (looking for internals) and most likely will be going with whiteline's rear sway. lol love ya too brah haha
    Matt....I love you. No homo.

Who did you order it thru, and how much?

Also, when you start tracking your car you should think about getting a BCSS....but until then, just hang with the regular shifter.

Thanks guys, anybody previously had the Neuspeed SS and went to the BCSS and notice any differences there?

Quote Originally Posted by sincityep3 View Post
    things went the other way man ending getting kmods complete kpro k24a1 head a2 cams (looking for internals) and most likely will be going with whiteline's rear sway. lol love ya too brah haha
    I went to Whiteline's website, and it looks like the one they have is a 24mm bar??? It's fine bro, just keep in mind, if you are not able to get your suspension dialed in right with that bar combo'd with your coilovers to get enough oversteer, you may have to look at getting a bigger bar. Just food for thought. But hey, that bar might be perfect with the way that you will drive, or how your setup currently is. :) hope you will be happy with the stuff you got. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Her-Name's-Ally View Post
    I have the neuspeed. I payed 50 but brand new its only 80. Honestly it feels way better then what i was expecting. Took like 25 min. to install. worth every penny IMHO. cuts throw up and down by "30%" feels like 50% installing MTEC spring as soon as my new CAI comes in
    That MTEC spring that you speak of....is that a spring that gets replaced on the shifter box itself, or what???
    Last edited by ep3k20; 03-31-2009 at 08:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by whatsvtec View Post
    I have Hybrid Racing shifter cable bushings, and corsport shifter base bushings paired with my BCSS. I LOVE how it feels. Very little play in the system compared to the OEM bushings and shifter assy.

So far, to be honest it's the best $$$ I've spent on my car.

I want to know more about these metal bushings, cuz a few of my friends said that they had broken shifter cables before cuz they previously had metal bushings installed (not the HR spherical ones)....anybody got any info on that??? Again, I am just trying to do research.

i just went from the neuspeed adapter kit to the BCSS- it feels alot better. both up and down and side to side play has tightened up a bit. i am also using corsport cable bushings/ base bushings/ and mtec race springs- along with the BCSS it shifts perfectly.

the things you have heard about the BCSS may not of been against the EP shifter- i have heard that the DC5 shifter box is crap.

Registered User Her-Name's-Ally's Avatar
    That MTEC spring that you speak of....is that a spring that gets replaced on the shifter box itself, or what???
    goes on the shifter mechanism, waiting for my CAI to come in before I install but Ive heard a lot of good things. Site also has a DIY
    http://www.mtecind.com/diy/shift-spring-install/
    $40 shipped

Dont SS increase the probability of destroying synchros?

Quote Originally Posted by differentK View Post
    i just went from the neuspeed adapter kit to the BCSS- it feels alot better. both up and down and side to side play has tightened up a bit. i am also using corsport cable bushings/ base bushings/ and mtec race springs- along with the BCSS it shifts perfectly.

the things you have heard about the BCSS may not of been against the EP shifter- i have heard that the DC5 shifter box is crap.
    Have you noticed less "2nd gear grind" with those bushings and race springs?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information