Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    I've had the bcss for about 4 years now, bought it used from a local guy. It made a huge improvement, but feels "normal" to me since i've had it so long.

I hvae the corsport aluminum shifter base bushings, and i'll prob stop there. I have heard from several local techs, who said that the stiffer bushings will actually make it worse for the tranny than the oem rubber ones. Something about the shifter linkages need a bit of play or shit will start binding, something along those lines.

Quote Originally Posted by poeticfinesse21 View Post
    BCSS is definitely of my list of things to buy but I wanna get the hybrid racing shifter and cable bushings at the same time. I like to do it big, not a little at a time
    If you have the cash, you would be able to get the HR shifter CABLES...this would be a better upgrade than the cable bushings.

Quote Originally Posted by rd02SiR View Post
    I've had the bcss for about 4 years now, bought it used from a local guy. It made a huge improvement, but feels "normal" to me since i've had it so long.

I hvae the corsport aluminum shifter base bushings, and i'll prob stop there. I have heard from several local techs, who said that the stiffer bushings will actually make it worse for the tranny than the oem rubber ones. Something about the shifter linkages need a bit of play or shit will start binding, something along those lines.
    They need 2 degrees of play to be exact. When HR was developing their shifter cable bushings, they noticed that SOLID aluminum cable bushings (from other companies) were causing cables to snap, etc because at most the solid bushings would only allow a maximum of 1 degree of play. So, when they developed their Spherical shifter cable bushings, they incorporated that the bushing had to have the required 2 degrees of movement, but they didn't want them to be flimsy or give TOO much play like the rubber shifter cable bushings. This is why they developed their shifter cable bushings to be SPHERICAL, meaning that the bushing is all metal, but the spherical bushing inside the bushing would allow the 2 degrees of required play.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroyellowep3 View Post
    My EP has the BCSS, and I am trying to sort out the slop in the shifter. I have considered the corsport shifter bushings, but then I saw they sell new complete hybrid shift cables. Has anyone purchased these new shifter cables?
    Matt...I didn't know that HR made shifter cables for the EP3, otherwise I would've gotten those. -___-

Here's the fun info i've been waiting to share all day. Euro, get the HR shifter base bushings. They will eliminate the play and slop that is produced from the rubber shifter base bushings. I have the BCSS, Hybrid Racing shifter cable bushings, HR shifter base bushings, and MTEC Race shifter mechanism springs. I also did a tranny fluid change (which you need to do when you do this set up) when I did these upgrades, and I have to say....WOWZERS. The feel is very direct, and precise. I have noticed minimized notorious "2nd gear grind" and no more missed shifts. It's just a very direct, in control, feel with your car. This set up is a real He-Man set up. This set up is Chuck Norris approved, in fact, it's the set up he runs in his EP3.

As far as the HR shifter cables, this would be an even better upgrade than just the shifter cable bushings. The HR shifter cables are thicker (won't snap under high stress shifting such as seen in racing), they have aluminum twist lock bushings (the part of the cable that attaches to the shifter) instead of the OEM plastic bushings. There are also other parts of the HR cable that are made of steel or aluminum rather than rubber or plastic on the OEM cables. This means that you won't have to worry about your shifter cables snapping at any given point on the cable due to weak materials....just shift away.

My EP has the BCSS, and I am trying to sort out the slop in the shifter. I have considered the corsport shifter bushings, but then I saw they sell new complete hybrid shift cables. Has anyone purchased these new shifter cables?
    As far as the MTEC Race shifter mech springs, the springs make your shifter stay in the centered-Neutral position a lot better than the OEM springs. This means that since the stronger springs are pushing harder against the shifter lever (the rod that drops down into the transmission) then it means that it will be easier to shift to some gears than others. For example, when upshifting AWAY from Neutral, say, from 4th to 5th (or from 3rd to 2nd), then you will feel the strong resistance from the shifter springs. However, if you downshift TOWARDS Neutral, from 5th to 4th (or from 2nd to 3rd), the shifter resistance will be non-existent. All you would have to do is flip the shift knob down, and the springs would do the rest...snapping the shifter back to neutral like a rubber band. BOING. If you would like to read more info on the MTEC shifter springs, you can check out my good friend Alex's review of the MTEC springs over at CRSX... for some reason, I have tried copying the link, but EPHATCH server won't work. So, just go to CRSX and search "chota endorsed" and it should be the first thread that pops up.

I will say this, the HR shifter cable kit comes with new shifter mechanism springs. If you can close the HR shifter mech springs all the way by hand (like I was able to in this video... in the video below), then I would go with the MTEC Race springs instead.

By going with these upgrades, you will feel in more control of your car. The shifting will feel very buttery as Matt (sincity) stated. If you don't already have a big forearm from beating off a lot, you will definitely get some strength with this shifter set up. You can call all your friends girly men (with Arnold accent) when you show them your new shifter set up, and they can't move the shifter cuz its so F*ing stiff.

http://youtu.be/yMoYGCDHQ98?hd=1

sistealth02 I have the BCSS, aluminum base bushings and aluminum cable bushings. I am having the common problem of not getting CENTERED back to N. Will theses MTEC Race springs fix? I've heard that the white caps from the BCSS need to be switched back to the ones from the stock shifter? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks ep3 fam...
    Last edited by Eddie Murphy; 05-22-2013 at 06:20 PM.

i just installed my bcss yesterday and i love the way it feels. unfortunately my buddy who was helping me with the install dropped the oem white caps down into the black abyss under the shifter somewhere so i have to stick with the ones from buddy club. I tried to spray it down with some silicone spray and work it in but it still doesnt center when it is in neutral. the shifts feel great but its just weird having it so tight and not centered when its in neutral. will this break in eventually? or do i need to take out my whole center console to get underneath to find the oem caps. and is anyone sure if the oem caps will fit with the new version of the bcss? i was trying to get one of them on and it would not budge. any advice would be helpful

Quote Originally Posted by sistealth02 View Post
    Matt...I didn't know that HR made shifter cables for the EP3, otherwise I would've gotten those. -___-

Here's the fun info i've been waiting to share all day. Euro, get the HR shifter base bushings. They will eliminate the play and slop that is produced from the rubber shifter base bushings. I have the BCSS, Hybrid Racing shifter cable bushings, HR shifter base bushings, and MTEC Race shifter mechanism springs. I also did a tranny fluid change (which you need to do when you do this set up) when I did these upgrades, and I have to say....WOWZERS. The feel is very direct, and precise. I have noticed minimized notorious "2nd gear grind" and no more missed shifts. It's just a very direct, in control, feel with your car. This set up is a real He-Man set up. This set up is Chuck Norris approved, in fact, it's the set up he runs in his EP3.

As far as the HR shifter cables, this would be an even better upgrade than just the shifter cable bushings. The HR shifter cables are thicker (won't snap under high stress shifting such as seen in racing), they have aluminum twist lock bushings (the part of the cable that attaches to the shifter) instead of the OEM plastic bushings. There are also other parts of the HR cable that are made of steel or aluminum rather than rubber or plastic on the OEM cables. This means that you won't have to worry about your shifter cables snapping at any given point on the cable due to weak materials....just shift away.
    I noticed on HR's website that they have HR shifter base bushings, but it states on the bottom that it is only for RSX Type S and 01-05 civic NOT CIVIC SI. Are these compatible with our EP3?

http://www.hybrid-racing.com/store/h...-bushings.html

I'm planning to do the same setup as you, but just want to double check that these shifter base bushings are the right ones?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information