Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered User kale's blue ep3's Avatar

Just purchased revhard kit munus turbo and manifold.

turboo!!.jpg

Take a look at the picture i posted and tell me what odds and ends I need. Im aware I need a t3 t4 turbo,turbo manifold,kpro and oil return line. question is what would be a good manifold to buy and what turbo to buy because i look all over and cant find a revhard turbo that is not a knock offf. Also what injectors? I am completely new to this. It is a stock k20a3. Any suggestions or anything would be awesome. 04ep3hatch thread def got me motivated and inspired me to go boost on the a3!
    Last edited by kale's blue ep3; 07-08-2012 at 11:58 AM. Reason: INJECTORS

anyone?

Looks more like an ic kit to me. If you want to spend the money, CTD's manifolds are GOLD! If you're just using the A3, I wouldnt go too big on the injectors. You can probably just modify the stock ones and be fine.

Also, I would probably wait a little longer than an hour for a response. It's Sunday, and people are busy.

You need quite a bit man...to start off hand you need a wastegate, downpipe, turbo, turbo manifold, vacuum hose, kpro, injectors (i'm using 630cc injectors on my stock a3 with the rev-hard kit), oil feed and oil return lines, have to weld a bung onto the oil pan. I'm trying to see what else I may have forgotten but this should get you started. If I think of anything else I'll repost. I would also recommend new motor mounts if you are running on stock now.

If you need a set of injectors, I have a set of Precision high impedance 650cc's cleaned and tested by The Boost Lab. Flow chart is included, just hit me up a PM if you end up needing them!

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kale's blue ep3 View Post
    turboo!!.jpg

Take a look at the picture i posted and tell me what odds and ends I need. Im aware I need a t3 t4 turbo,turbo manifold,kpro and oil return line. question is what would be a good manifold to buy and what turbo to buy because i look all over and cant find a revhard turbo that is not a knock offf. Also what injectors? I am completely new to this. It is a stock k20a3. Any suggestions or anything would be awesome. 04ep3hatch thread def got me motivated and inspired me to go boost on the a3!
    04ep3hatch is my inspiration for life!

i still have my A3 boosted. ;-)

but you need a TON of other things. hopefully you were able to get more information from the previous posts. but i will second the comment of this looking just like an intercooler kit.

you may want to become familiar with what the parts of a turbo kit look like.
    EPHATCH.COM 4 LYFE!! OFF THA CHAIN KREW #1

udontknowjack's mom was here....twice!

UPDATED SITE INFO!

Want to become a Site Sponsor? Click Here!

PM for HELP!!

thanks for the comment man :) glad i lead you to the path of righteousness ;) truthfully your best bet is to find a rev hard manifold (then you wont have to modify any of your nice piping), look around they can be found i got mine for 50$ lol an actually rev hard one too, luckily to me it seems like you got the biggest pain in the ass part handled which is the intercooler/piping. Your still going to need a turbo/oil line kit and obviously a downpipe, if your interested i am going to be selling my insanely awesome fitting downpipe when i upgrade it to a larger size in a week or 2. But if your going to stick with the A3 for a while look at a small/medium frame turbo like this one:

http://turboneticsinc.com/t3-t4e_turbochargers

same turbo i have just a lot newer, mine has full spool around 3800 to 9psi. And your going to need oil lines as well, this is the kit i got:

http://www.fast-turbo.com/products/C...ddy-Turbo.html

all you have to do is email him and tell him your not using a greddy turbo and he will send you the correct return line flange and gasket. As far as injectors go, take my advice and dont cheap out. i did, and the driveability issues/fuel mileage isnt worth, spend the money on a decent set of injectors like FIC or ID, 650's or 675's will do perfect but you can go with 1000's if you decided later on to swap it to an engine that will have a larger fuel demand.

this is my downpipe BTW :)

Thanks for all the comments guys I'm trying to get all the parts ready by winter to put on the car or maybe sooner. Stil not sure of doing the install myself or not. I am mechinally inclined i have done motor work just never turbo work. And sorry I should of said revhard ic piping and bov.

AKA Purple94coupe Euro-Yellow-Ep3's Avatar
    A few of my friends are using Precision Turbos with good results check them out, their decently priced too

inbox cleared!

I'm not sure why you would want a crappy rev hard turbo anyway. They were using turbonetics 60-1 turbos for the longest time. Mine went out in 5 months, and I have heard similar results from a bunch of people. Precision, Tial, and injector dynamics. Worth every cent.

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy ep3 View Post
    I'm not sure why you would want a crappy rev hard turbo anyway. They were using turbonetics 60-1 turbos for the longest time. Mine went out in 5 months, and I have heard similar results from a bunch of people. Precision, Tial, and injector dynamics. Worth every cent.
    I duno about all that. Yours done in 5 months , mine well over 2 yrs no issues.

Thank guys for all the feed back. My ic revhard kit will be here next week and same with my rep rev hard manifold. Its a start! I will take some pictures! next paycheck i might buy a brand spankin new precision turbo but will see. keep you guys updated!

i started in the turbo game with a complete revhard kit on a k24a1 on 880cc injectors, and i had fun while it lasted, car made 350hp and turbo went out 9months later. Youll enjoy it man but dont cheap out on parts cause it'll bite u in the ass.

Good luck and subscribed to your thread.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information