Close

Car shut off while driving. Need help figuring out what happen.

So my car was driving fine only thing I noticed this morning was it had some sort of whining noise when I step on the gas. Wasn't loud kinda sounded like a super charger. Lol So I was on my way to work this morning and as I was exiting I was braking and heard a chatter in the front and car shut off. I start it again and pulled up to a red light as I made a left turn the car shut off again and this time I couldnt get it started again. Its not an electrical problem because if I put the key on on position theres power but when I turn the key it trys to turn but stops like its being restricted and starts to drain power the longer I hold it in start position. When I release then power is back to norm still powers radio and lights. I'm guessing it has to do with maybe the tensioner? Can anyone help? Its gonna cost me a lot of money to tow and I would rather try to fix it here at work.

Im guessing it has to do with your fuel pump The most obvious bad fuel pump symptom is your vehicle won’t start, or it starts but does not run for very long before eventually stalling out. Your vehicle will act as though it is out of gas, even though the fuel tank is full. As the fuel pump attempts to feed the engine fuel, your vehicle may make bucking noises but will not spark up

I don't think its a fuel issue. The car wont even try to turn over. When I turn the key to start it just kind of fades off. If I hold it in start position it seems like its draining the battery or something. Could it be the starter? Heres a video
    http://youtu.be/FlX_ErQ4xf4

This happen to me. It was my idle pulley. Try to check it out. Autozone sell it for around $20 if it needs to be replacing

This happened to me too. Have you been working on it at all recently? It sort of sounds like an issue with the spark plugs. Sounds really electrical.

I just watch the vid also, check your battery terminals

Any updates to this my car is doing the same thing right now

Thread Information