Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackexcoupe View Post
    P21S gel wheel cleaner or Sonax Full Effect wheel cleaner. PH neutral wheel cleaners are the safest.
    This, 1000x this. pH neutral is safest. full effect is amazing! I've still gotta try the p21s products i've heard nothing but good things.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Kimber Raptor II Drunken Yak inc's Avatar
    How do you spend six to ten hours a week detailing the car if you wash it every week?
    Twice a week wash (1 hour including drying), sweep the floor mats after every drive (5-20 min), interior collects dust the second you open the damn doors, so twice a week interior wipe down + once a week protectant (Meguiar's #40 normally) (30-min - 1.5 hours depending on method). Rims, tires and brakes cleaning with each wash (45min - 2 hours depending on method). Then add an hour or two for waxing every other week or so, plus anytime a detailer spray is used between washes.

P21S gel wheel cleaner or Sonax Full Effect wheel cleaner. PH neutral wheel cleaners are the safest.
    I actually have a P21s booklet sitting next to me; it was included in an order I recently placed with AutoGeek... Thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Yak inc View Post
    Twice a week wash (1 hour including drying), sweep the floor mats after every drive (5-20 min), interior collects dust the second you open the damn doors, so twice a week interior wipe down + once a week protectant (Meguiar's #40 normally) (30-min - 1.5 hours depending on method). Rims, tires and brakes cleaning with each wash (45min - 2 hours depending on method). Then add an hour or two for waxing every other week or so, plus anytime a detailer spray is used between washes.
    Damn, that's dedication right there! I hope I can treat my car with that kind of love. Buying a DD to abuse will be the best thing I ever do for my EP3.

OCD!!! lol no but thats some dedication, when i first bought the car i was detailing it every weekend, then after I started college and my job, its became harder to do so. But i still pamper my car when i can lol

Quote Originally Posted by whatsvtec View Post
    This, 1000x this. pH neutral is safest. full effect is amazing! I've still gotta try the p21s products i've heard nothing but good things.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    I can say the same for P21S gel wheel cleaner. It is a truly amazing product, but I need to buy sonax full effect.

You must have a lot of time to kill. You're just wasting products imo, but then again you're welcomed to do as you please.

Damn, that's dedication right there! I hope I can treat my car with that kind of love. Buying a DD to abuse will be the best thing I ever do for my EP3.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluedemonep3 View Post
    OCD!!! lol no but thats some dedication, when i first bought the car i was detailing it every weekend, then after I started college and my job, its became harder to do so. But i still pamper my car when i can lol
    Having a DD helps immensely! Yeah, this isn't the first time I've been accused of having OCD...

I can say the same for P21S gel wheel cleaner. It is a truly amazing product, but I need to buy sonax full effect.

You must have a lot of time to kill. You're just wasting products imo, but then again you're welcomed to do as you please.

Don't we all? However most would rather spend that time doing something they enjoy more. I enjoy detailing, I kind of look at it as a hobby. I have a buddy that hasn't cleaned his car since he bought it last year and it's fucking disgusting, he claims to not have the time, yet he spends at least two hours on the crapper each night lol! I do go through a lot of product, and you may very well be correct on it being wasteful, but on the plus side it gives me an opportunity to try different products when I run out of something.

Seems pointless to wax everyother week.... Why not use a better sealant/wax?

Quote Originally Posted by hyu View Post
    Seems pointless to wax everyother week.... Why not use a better sealant/wax?
    Good question,

Reason #1. I haven't found a more "long term" wax that can give the visual performance of a boutique wax.
    Reason #2. I enjoy waxing.
    Last edited by 1st; 09-21-2009 at 01:22 AM.

Klasse High gloss sealant/Pinnacle Liquid Souvern/wolfgang deep gloss 3.0/fuzion topper should be better for your darker car.
    Plus you won't have to detail/wax it often.
    Here's my buddy's speed3 after I detailed it. Fast forward 5months and it looks the same

Close up
    Yes I did take out that little blob of wax
    A couple of days ago

That's 2-3 coats of Klasses high gloss sealant, Pinnacle Liquid Souveran + PC
    Last edited by hyu; 07-25-2012 at 03:18 PM.

Good question,

Reason #1. I haven't found a more "long term" wax that can give the visual performance of a boutique wax.
    Chemical Guys Jetseal 109, DONE!

Best sealant on the market. Top off with your choice of high end boutique paste wax for that extra pop.

/Thread

you can thank me later

Lol almost looks as expensive as C-quartz o_o

Trust me, it's worth it
    Besides, CG is made in the USA. CarPro is not

Good question,

Which boutique waxes are you using?

Klasse High gloss sealant/Pinnacle Liquid Souvern/wolfgang deep gloss 3.0/fuzion topper should be better for your darker car.
    Plus you won't have to detail/wax it often.
    I've owned all of those and they're all great products, but wolfgang is easily my favorite.

Wolfgang DGPS topped with Wolfgang Fuzion on my old IS250.

my SC300 with the same combo after a light rain

Chemical Guys Jetseal 109, DONE!

Best sealant on the market. Top off with your choice of high end boutique paste wax for that extra pop.

/Thread

you can thank me later
    Jetseal 109 definitely needs a carnauba on top to give it that extra pop. Jetseal alone is an amazing product for paint protection, but it looks a little plasticky imo (which is a complaint about a lot of sealants).

Jetseal 109 on an E55

c-quarts is a nano coating and jetseal is a regular sealant. It's not really a fair comparison in pricing.

I'm currently using Wolfgang sealant + Wolfgang Fuzion Estate. Next order I place will be for some Pinnacle Souveran, various items from Chemical Guys, Zymol Carbon and some different leather cleaners/protectants.

Edit: That Lexus looks beautiful!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information