Close

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    shameless request. . . .

can we get a group buy????

:D

ephatch member
    ok.. sorry stupid question, i know what hondata does to our car but whats the flash thingy?

gpt
    In most other cars and previous gen Hondas (I think?) you had to replace the ECU to change your engines programming.

Our ECU's are flash programmable, that is they store the engine maps in memory which can be overwritten and in fact is overwritten by the Hondata *flash*.

You do not need to change out the ECU, Hondata just change how it is programmed and return your original ECU to you.

Originally posted by Mr.02BlackSIguY
    ok.. sorry stupid question, i know what hondata does to our car but whats the flash thingy?

Flashable memory has been arround for a long time now. It is unique compared to previous gens (OBD1) of ECU in that it allows you to write to it numerous times, without chip replacement. Most previous gens were just EEPROM type memory. The chip would need to be ultravioletly errased in order to be written to again. (~17vdc)
    Flashable memory allows the processor chip to be modified endlessly on the fly, and retains its last saved configuration. hth

Glix2
    Hmmn, I'm going to have to find out if there is a hondata shop here in phoenix.

I just ditched my CAI and midpipe and plan on running Hondata on an otherwise stock engine. I'll let you guys know how it feels once I get the cash...and the flash.

Originally posted by chunky
    shameless request. . . .

can we get a group buy????

:D
    good idea...cspeed on clubsi did a group buy. I think they have some relation with clubsi. I think the site is www.c-speed.com something like that
    ah here it is: http://www.c-speedracing.com/frame.php
    Last edited by 02SilverSiHB; 01-08-2003 at 10:34 PM.

i have a question.. since i aqm getting the rsx-s.. can i be involved if there is a group buy? also, can i send off the ECU to get flashed before i bring it to the honda dealer to get it flashed to accept my key? or do i have to do that first? forgive me if this is a stupid question, im drunk

ephatch member
    what shop in ontario will have the hondata???

Originally posted by myeverlovinsir

Flashable memory has been arround for a long time now. It is unique compared to previous gens (OBD1) of ECU in that it allows you to write to it numerous times, without chip replacement. Most previous gens were just EEPROM type memory. The chip would need to be ultravioletly errased in order to be written to again. (~17vdc)
    Flashable memory allows the processor chip to be modified endlessly on the fly, and retains its last saved configuration. hth

Canadian Dealers :

Dealer / City /Prov / Phone Number

Tunerworks / Calgary / BC / (403) 398-9833
    Garage Five Performance / Richmond / BC / (604) 278-4339
    Spi Tuning / Surrey / BC / (604) 881 2216
    Hipe Motorsports / Kingston / NS / (902) 680-0383
    Tapp Auto / Ottawa / ON / (613) 225-8780
    Neetronics / Toronto / ON / (416) 315-4498
    AutoLaminar / Montreal / QC / (514) 595-5394

There will not be a group buy. Club RSX already tried to do a group buy but Hondata would have none of it. If you buy it through clubRSX, then you will receive a pre-addressed box with a paid overnight delivery to Hondata and back to you for $600. Pretty good deal compared to alternatives in my opinion as you don't have to pay for shipping yourself and you should have your car back on the road in 3 business days.

ssvr6
    Luckily there's an authorized tuner about an hour south of me. SFP...(I hope that they're good.)

Steve

gpt
    Who here will go for the increased rev limit? I think I will - I mean you don't have to use it it will just be nice that it is there.

Originally posted by ssvr6
    Luckily there's an authorized tuner about an hour south of me. SFP...(I hope that they're good.)

Steve
    Steve...I believe that Cybernation in Ft. Lauderdale is also an authorized dealer. I'd check into it...heck of a lot closer than Miami.

atl-si
    Yeah, this is very good news. Time to start saving. Oh wait, I've been trying and haven't saved a penny yet. Doh!:(

Originally posted by gpt
    Who here will go for the increased rev limit? I think I will - I mean you don't have to use it it will just be nice that it is there.
    I would like a new rev limit too but something may blow up if I don't have a new rpm gauge to look at. I wonder how high is the limit? 8K?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information