Close

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    7300 rev limit I believe...if it's the same as the base RSX.

ssvr6
    Originally posted by CleanBlackSi02

Steve...I believe that Cybernation in Ft. Lauderdale is also an authorized dealer. I'd check into it...heck of a lot closer than Miami.
    Not according to Hondata's site. I'll have to check that out.

Steve

I duno...Cybernation's website said that they were a Hondata dealer. http://www.cybernationmotorsports.com I forgot where I saw it on there, but I'm pretty sure I saw it!

Any guess as to what this will do?

Say stock as it is, what gain do we get from the flashed ECU?

W/ CAI, what gain?

W/exhaust what gain?

W/header what gain?

W/ I/H/E what gain?

Anyone care to speculate rather than waiting for the 17th?

If memory serves me correctly, the stock setup was running near 150whp and 131 tq. The rest of the std. bolt ons go up from there. Things should be close to this to start and is just something to chew on. Who knows where they ended up? But that is my best guess from what I can recall.

I hope that they have included the TB mod as they were indicating earlier in their testing. One thing to make sure you do when you order is indicate clearly each mod you have. That way the chip should be tuned correctly for your setup. If you are getting a stock chip, and plan to add an intake down the road or other std. bolt ons. I would suggest getting them included in your chip setup. Otherwise you will have to send the whole thing back to get it re-tuned later. Not sure yet what the price diff. are if any when you add more mods to the chip. Should know soon.;)

ephatch member
    The limiter on my car is at 7500 rpm. With just the tune I can smoke a stock EP with ease. Thanks to MrFixit and Redronin, this has been proven. With the tune I defeated a manual tranny last generation Prelude. Last generation Sis were no problem before, but now it is not even close. Driving the car before and after the tune is like night and day. I should have my car back from Borla any day now, and then the car goes back to Hondata for final testing. I hope you all are saving your pennies, the tune is worth it.

If any of you in Southern California would care for a demonstration such as a ride, and maybe even a test drive, give me a shout.

MrFixit687 and Redronin should be able to answer questions regarding driving feel and stock vs. flashed comparison.

ephatch member
    Originally posted by rick77f
    The limiter on my car is at 7500 rpm. With just the tune I can smoke a stock EP with ease. Thanks to MrFixit and Redronin, this has been proven. With the tune I defeated a manual tranny last generation Prelude. Last generation Sis were no problem before, but now it is not even close. Driving the car before and after the tune is like night and day. I should have my car back from Borla any day now, and then the car goes back to Hondata for final testing. I hope you all are saving your pennies, the tune is worth it.

If any of you in Southern California would care for a demonstration such as a ride, and maybe even a test drive, give me a shout.

MrFixit687 and Redronin should be able to answer questions regarding driving feel and stock vs. flashed comparison.
    Can I have a test drive? will u be able to make it at the meet on the 18th?

gpt
    This sounds so cool - I can't wait!:D

rick77f, one thing, could you elaborate on this release and tuning offered, or is Hondata just offering the stock tuned chip?
    Is there going to be a tune done to include I/H/E and TB?
    Thanks, and and can't wait, 7500 rpm sounds even better.:D

ephatch member
    I wish I could give you specifics, but nothing is final just yet. My car has been tested with an intake, and will be with an exhaust in the next couple of days. Other testing will happen as well, but I am not sure exactly what will be in the details.

gpt
    Does Hondata usually provide refinements over time. (Service packs for those of us who use MS Windows!)

If after release they find a better / more suitable map will we be able to get our ECUs reflashed to the new specifications?

Are you shifting at the limiter?

gpt,

I'm pretty sure I read on the hondata site, that there reflash
    is not user tunable. You have to send the ECU directly to hondata.
    Maybe in the future at least they will provide their dealers with
    the hardware and make it a same day turnaround.

Thumbs up

Well I got anxious again, and called Hondata directly.

I was told that the price is the same as the RSX base Flash. <600 US.
    Tests are being done with various setups. (I/H/E) and TB by the sounds of it.

So in a nutshell, it seems that the chip is somewhat universal and any aftermarket mods only add to what may be acomplished on a dyno from the stock setup.

Full explanations will be posted on the 17thHondata

ephatch member

It appears....

It appears that Hondata will be making a fuel map for the ECU that's optimized for higher octane fuel...if it makes a significant difference I might wait it out for that...

Oh and I just joined =P I just bougt myself a 2002 Honda Civic Si...it's Silver and right now it's completely stock...which of course is something that isn't going to be true forever hehehehehe :p

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information