Close

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Due to the timing advances on their tune, I think all of the flashes
    will be high octane (91+) dependant.

Welcome to the board Tekdemon, congrats on the new ride!

Thumbs down

$600 to chip an ECU.....
    Fock that!
    Money better spent on a Nitrous system...
    if you're *really* looking to go fast...

trust me fellas the 600 bucks will be worth it over ANY intake header combo. plus u get to rev the baby to 75 rpm allowing you to just make it over 60 in second gear. its worth it man not sure on the hp but the torque steer difference from stock to HONDATA is very noticeable. it just feels like a completely different car.

hey rick if y our free IM me or call me tomorrow i gotta ask you some things.

Originally posted by ADAMnQuickCIVIC
    $600 to chip an ECU.....
    Fock that!
    Money better spent on a Nitrous system...
    if you're *really* looking to go fast...
    NA is what this upgrade is for. Nitrous is a diff. story. But if I were to look at the options in order to get to tuning it myself, the costs would be well over 2k US just to get the AEM controller. Not including tune time, wideband o2 sensor, etc.

Even the cheapest fuel piggy is gonna run near 400 and not have the benifit of a VTC/Vtec controller, nor a rev limit raised,

I'll happily take a tuned hondata dyno fuel map and hopefully hondata dealers will be able to assist down the road in more specific FI tuning. Otherwise a standalone FMS is required.

ephatch member
    hey rick, let me test drive your car or atleast let me ride in it. i know mrfixit... HA, i went to high school with his ass, he tells me you live next to him at some UCI dorm? i live in costa mesa, hit me up man, i wanna feel the hondata power. i want one for my car.

Ok Rick, question:

Saw on Hondata website that you have to go through a hondata dealer to do this, yet they give you instructions on how to take out the ECU, whats up? Do you have to drive yer car to a dealer and let them do everything, or can I take out my ECU and send it direct? Thanks.

ephatch member
    Does anyone know of any kind of preliminary dyno specs with the program? And is the program specifically designed to take advantage of 91 octane or can it adjust itself for a higher octane for us on the east coast with an octane of 93 to 110?

Pretty sure it's just a minimum 91 octane, but higher is obviously going to be better. But like most things, probably exponentially
    smaller gains with the more you spend.

btw- Is anyone else nervous about sending their car's brain through the mail? :o

FYI, I'm a Hondata dealer, if anyone is interested. Provided the price is the same as the RSX flash-reprogram, I'll handle the SI flash re-program for $595, which will include overnight shipping to Hondata and back to you. And, I'll throw in a box for you to put everything in. If interested, send me a PM, and I'll provide details to you once I have the information from Hondata.

gpt
    I know the next question will be asked by someone so it may as well be me:D

What about the warranty..... I know the normal case is that if the cause of a fault can be traced to the modification then you will not be covered, so my question is:

Will Honda be able to tell that I have had my ECU flashed? If not then they can't really blame the flash can they?

kenis138: I am also a bit concerned about sending my ECU in the mail, but what choice is there?

If you're worried about warranty, don't raise the rev limit. Other than that, it should be completely compatible with the standard Honda warranty. From what I understand, a dealer can't tell it's been re-flashed, but the dealer can flash it back to stock unless you clip a jumper cable. Unfortunately, that voids the warranty. If that happens, Hondata will reflash it again for $200. This is also the case if you want to raise the rev limit when the warranty expires.

Originally posted by OldSIMan
    If that happens, Hondata will reflash it again for $200. This is also the case if you want to raise the rev limit when the warranty expires.
    DAMN!!

Only $200?! What a bargin!

Okay, not really. Sorry for the sarcasm, but that's not too reassuring to someone like me. I think it should be half that, at the most. But that's just my opinion....

gpt
    What are the chances of the dealer reflashing the ECU? I would think they would only do it if there was something wrong with the engine - they wouldn't do it during regular maintenance, or would they?

They would probably get suspicious if I asked them not to reflash the ECU whenever I took the car in or is there some other reason i could ask them not to reflash it?

Thanks for the help!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information