Close

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    I think it's time for a lock down on this thread!
    It's going downhill fast, and there is essentially two threads
    for the same discussion.

ephatch member
    Originally posted by Cone Killer

FYI...I wasn't trying to get pissy, I just wanted to know what you were basing info on. I have read that vtec.net article, and yes, I have my own dyno that does show a 3.7 hp increase, but it only gains after 6,000 rpms. The dyno was a comparison of 91 and 101. I see this as not worth the trouble for autocross, as I don't spend much time at high rpm, but for drag racing it would be better. Now with the hondata flash out, who knows what higher octane will do. Time for some more tests.
    I think your response was directed towards me since I'm the one that first talked about the octane thing but you quoted 02SilverSiHB =P At least this is my guess, but I could be wrong.

I personally think the differences in dyno gains might be based on the weather...the humidity of the day, the coldness of the air can all affect the dyno...personally I feel running 94 should give me a noticable gain for my own situation since the timing should be able to be advanced to probably what is the most aggressive setting or near that. On another note I remember running 87 octane and that resulted in gas burning faster than I was expecting, lol =P

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread Information