Close

Hard to shift into 1st, 2nd + reverse....

So before this weekend my gearbox was shifting smooth as butter and my clutch pedal feel was pretty stiff. This past weekend I just swapped in my new engine I've been building and now when the engine is on I have to force and shove the shifter into 1st to get it in as if the shift fork was bent and when I try to get into reverse it grinds like a freaking bitch. On top of that, I have to force EXTREMELY hard on the shifter to get it out of reverse when I successfully get in it.

When the engine is off the shifter shifts pefectly and smoothly like it did before the engine swap, and I've been leaving it in 1st or reverse gear and starting the car with it in so I don't have to deal with it. I noticed that when I crank the car with the shifter in 1 or reverse the car lurches a hair as if the clutch was slightly engaged.

Now, my clutch pedal felt softer after the swap as well, and I even had 2 friends get in and try it and they confirmed it was softer as well. It's an Omni-Power CMC and I have a Clutchmasters Stage 4 ceramic 4 puck sprung hub. My only guess would be that the CMC is on its way out the door and because it's on it's way out it can't build good pressure to completely disengage the clutch and that would explain my gear engagement problems.

I swear if it's the shift forks I'm going to shit bricks and go silverback gorilla on the trans.

When i had problems shifting into gears one of the lips holding the springs on the clutch plate(?) broke off... Once a new clutch was in Problem was resolved...
    Check this thread out:
    http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...ch-kinda-weird
    Last edited by gamma6; 07-17-2012 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Added link

Seems like the CMC to me. I was having the same issues and then it just went out instantly when i was pulling into a parking spot. My shop guy/honda guru told and ordered me a factory replacement, he said non-factory have a short life span. it cost like $100 bucks, here is the diy link just in case http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...nt-Ton-O-Pics!

Thanks for your replies. I just checked underneath the clutch pedal on the cabin side this morning and noticed brake fluid build up on the threaded stud that connects to the clutch pedal....yeap it's the CMC. I guess it's time for another trip to the Honda dealer. I need to get this asap.

Thread Information