Close

Cams and reflash?

I have on 03 ep3.

I read on another forum that we can do stage 1 cams without an aftermarket ECU. So would getting a stage 1 cam with reflash be a viable option?

I don't plan on going any further than the basics. ( cams, I/H/E ) So would doing this be ok? Or should I spend the extra on kpro to take full advantage of the cams?

I also heard that if you get reflash, and you like it, you can upgrade up to kpro for just another 500$ or whatever. Is that true?

Thanks in advance for the help.

the reflash is tune specifically for the A3 on stock cams. so when you throw another set of cams in there the AFRs/tune in general will be off and it will run poorly. i would just stick to the reflash(or Kpro) for now and get Cams later.

Plenty of people put stage 1 cams in without kpro. Even though you'd more than likely make more power with kpro alone than the cam alone. I don't see why getting a reflash wouldn't run a little better than stock ecu even though it's not specific for your car. You can upgrade your ecu for a few hundred more. This all being said..... Just get a swap.

I had stage 1's. Their useless. Get reflash and invest your money into a race header instead of cams

Quote Originally Posted by Civic5lug View Post
    I had stage 1's. Their useless. Get reflash and invest your money into a race header instead of cams
    Really? damn, oh and sorry, I forgot to mention that I do have dc headers and an intake already. Seems to be a cheap, short ram intake from ebay tho. I just replaced the filter with a K&N filter. I might upgrade to an AEM or other name brand.

But yea, I'll definitely invest in the reflash then. thnx

Thread Information