Close

HP to Price Gains...Future Stickie Input Needed.

Going to try to make a stickie with this thread.

Starting off with basic mods, lets compile a list starting off with the most basic upgrades ($) to the most expensive upgrades which add the most power ($$$$)

Need input/experience from those with information and knowledge on the K platform.

Starting with the "base" HP of 120-130 HP

Basic "Starting Mods"

1. Intake/Exhaust...We all know and engine is essentially an air pump. The easier it breathes the better it will perform.
    Dramatic gains will probably not be seen with these mods...BUT will support future power adding mods.

Intakes: Hondata Box Mod $0- Ebay $30- Name brand $300+ Intakes: Power 1-5HP
    Exhaust: Ebay $100 Cat Back- $800+ Exhaust systems. 1-8HP

Within realistic levels, 1-10HP<$100.

The biggest bang for the buck for I/rh/e.

Intake.. eBay intake w/ AEM replacement filter = 85ish

Race header.. OBX header = 250ish
    Shorty headers is a waste of mula

Exhaust.. Megan midpipe = 220ish
    The stock axle back flows great and is good past 200 whp

I don't think you can go any cheaper or its just bad quality material.

Airbox mod and kn filter( with or without cold air tube) and custon mandrel bent midpipe.probably not more than 120 for both of those depending whre you go. But an intake header and exhaust together consistanly bring 15 to 20 hp all together give or take a few depending on brnads..im running aairbox mod spoonn filter cold air tube. Dcrh no cat and 2.25 skunk2 header back exhaust and i feel a considerable gain over stock. O you cant forget the throttle adjustment. Not an hp incfease. But throttle response is better and its free.

Quote Originally Posted by black05ep View Post
    Airbox mod and kn filter( with or without cold air tube) and custon mandrel bent midpipe.probably not more than 120 for both of those depending whre you go. But an intake header and exhaust together consistanly bring 15 to 20 hp all together give or take a few depending on brnads..im running aairbox mod spoonn filter cold air tube. Dcrh no cat and 2.25 skunk2 header back exhaust and i feel a considerable gain over stock. O you cant forget the throttle adjustment. Not an hp incfease. But throttle response is better and its free.
    Are you saying you loosened your throttle? Bad idea in my opinion. There's always MaxBore that does a decent price for rebuilding the tb from a 63mm to 70mm and they'll do the intake manifold also. Both for a small price of 190. Or you bore your own intake manifold if you have the resources. It's not hard.

Registered User Her-Name's-Ally's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by black05ep View Post
    yesss my buddy showed me the throttle adjustment and I honestly felt the difference.

Best bang for the buck? Boost. Dont ever chase NA gains in a daily driver. You cant drive a high strung NA, K engine to the grocery store on a regular basis... but you can get the same kinda power (and then some) boosted.. with tons of reliability.

It aint cheap... and another sticky wont simplify anything. Just ask...

Quote Originally Posted by Blah1219 View Post
    Are you saying you loosened your throttle? Bad idea in my opinion. There's always MaxBore that does a decent price for rebuilding the tb from a 63mm to 70mm and they'll do the intake manifold also. Both for a small price of 190. Or you bore your own intake manifold if you have the resources. It's not hard.
    No. Who would do that. Its easy and very common around here. All you do is take the slack out of your throttle cable. Look it up.

You need some throttle cable slack... especially if you dont have KPro to check TPS positioning.

Not complete slack out. I mean enough to when i hit the gas the response is quicker.i saw it on here and did it. And have had no problems at all
    Last edited by black05ep; 07-24-2012 at 08:49 AM. Reason: stupid ass cracked phone screen

Was making this thread to collect information on prices/power gains for those looking to make power from beginning mods to more advanced...baby steps

Quote Originally Posted by jared07 View Post
    Was making this thread to collect information on prices/power gains for those looking to make power from beginning mods to more advanced...baby steps
    There so many different cam setup, forced induction setups, OEM builds, and wasteful builds you would have thousands of posts on a thread. That's why we have multiple forums for that.

Thread Information