Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: upgraded tranny

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blah1219 View Post
    5 or 6 speed? OEM or aftermarket LSD? Do they do payment plans? Haha n/a guy here but still curious.
    5spd. It's a synchrotec LSD. A 6spd type s tranny is the same price

My stockies held up pretty long, I was surprised. After they went I had everything "cryo treated" and that wasn't worth shit, My second gear blew recently. Now I'm saving for a PPG set. Been runing a Wavetrac LSD with no problems (with the lsd lol)

that guy w/ the face poeticfinesse21's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superchargedk20 View Post
    5spd. It's a synchrotec LSD. A 6spd type s tranny is the same price
    I gotta admit, sychrotech is looking like the better deal but I would rather have a wavetrac LSD

Quote Originally Posted by Civic5lug View Post
    My stockies held up pretty long, I was surprised. After they went I had everything "cryo treated" and that wasn't worth shit, My second gear blew recently. Now I'm saving for a PPG set. Been runing a Wavetrac LSD with no problems (with the lsd lol)
    So u went through synchrotec and the tranny sucked? What's ppg?

i wish i went this route when my trans popped. i would have much rather had that nice and brand new looking trans come out of that box

I have a 6peed LSD ITR stock trans. Its done really well. Like Monjarassi, i use Amsoil.

Well even though my tranny blew the more I think about it , its done me well. I used Honda mtf. But the motor was jrsc for 4 yrs, and then a k24 turbo for 2 yrs. So the stock tranny took quite a beating. It was only a matter of time. It couldnt hold forever

ppg is straight cut gears... very strong and can take pretty much anything haha
    http://www.ppgearbox.com.au/page.asp?categoryid=19

That syncrotech tranny is alot... you can find some used lsd's on k20a or clubrsx for a decent price then you still have enough for a low mile stock trans. what ever is clever at least they do offer a warranty haha

did you see on CTVTEC.... Mr NiceGuy is selling a rebuilt RSX 6spd for 1500.
    No LSD though....

Quote Originally Posted by 1GR8EP3 View Post
    ppg is straight cut gears... very strong and can take pretty much anything haha
    http://www.ppgearbox.com.au/page.asp?categoryid=19

That syncrotech tranny is alot... you can find some used lsd's on k20a or clubrsx for a decent price then you still have enough for a low mile stock trans. what ever is clever at least they do offer a warranty haha
    Whoa holy hell. I saw those gears on k20a. There not recomended for driving on the street. And that's waaaayyyyy out of my price range ...

And what ur saying about synchrotec isnt necessarily true. A good used tranny is gona run anywhere over 600 bucks . Plus the 5spd doesn't have carbon synchros or LSD. So I would have to get those seperately plus shipping for everything. Then pay my speed shop to install all those parts plus r&r the tranny. Plus synchrotec is rebuilt with a 1 yr. Buying a used tranny it could grind the next week. U don't know what ur getting with a used tranny . I rather have a tranny that's been inspected and rebuilt then just buying some random used tranny. The 2150 includes everything installed and shipped. I think that's a pretty sweet deal
    Last edited by superchargedk20; 08-03-2012 at 08:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerby View Post
    did you see on CTVTEC.... Mr NiceGuy is selling a rebuilt RSX 6spd for 1500.
    No LSD though....
    I didn't see that. But I wouldnt benefit from a 6 spd. I don't rev high enough

i was running my stock z1 tranny with a quaife LSD, and it didn't last very long after we turned up the power past 400whp, pretty much grenaded the whole thing. Its currently in the shop getting rebuilt, i went with Albins 1-4th, TSX 5th, and stock 6th gear, carbon synchros, and all brand new OEM sliders, shift forks, and bearings.

i should add also, that i only launched it a few times with the stock tranny, and it still didn't last long!

Quote Originally Posted by lbk02si View Post
    i was running my stock z1 tranny with a quaife LSD, and it didn't last very long after we turned up the power past 400whp, pretty much grenaded the whole thing. Its currently in the shop getting rebuilt, i went with Albins 1-4th, TSX 5th, and stock 6th gear, carbon synchros, and all brand new OEM sliders, shift forks, and bearings.

i should add also, that i only launched it a few times with the stock tranny, and it still didn't last long!
    Shit... How much did those gears cost ? Where did u go to order. I want on their site and they got nothing for hondas

Edit: Dan actually showed me those. There so expensive. Like 5 grand right ?
    Last edited by superchargedk20; 08-03-2012 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by superchargedk20 View Post
    Whoa holy hell. I saw those gears on k20a. There not recomended for driving on the street. And that's waaaayyyyy out of my price range ...

And what ur saying about synchrotec isnt necessarily true. A good used tranny is gona run anywhere over 600 bucks . Plus the 5spd doesn't have carbon synchros or LSD. So I would have to get those seperately plus shipping for everything. Then pay my speed shop to install all those parts plus r&r the tranny. Plus synchrotec is rebuilt with a 1 yr. Buying a used tranny it could grind the next week. U don't know what ur getting with a used tranny . I rather have a tranny that's been inspected and rebuilt then just buying some random used tranny. The 2150 includes everything installed and shipped. I think that's a pretty sweet deal
    I understand how you feels so I wont knock you on it haha, I am just saying a stock tranny is a stock tranny, these guys that run over 400whp or even people with 350whp are going through tranny's left and right (depending how they drive)... even when they buy a tranny with super low mileage they are shredding them. I know you like to run your car so I am just saying dont get yourself down if that tranny lets go.... I hope it doesnt because I dont wish that on anybody but I am just saying theres always that chance bro.

And check on clubrsx they have the veders for those gears.

I did check the vendor for those gear. There like 5 grand for those gears :(. Are these the gears everyone is upgrading to?

http://www.speedfactoryracing.net/st...roduct=2521934
    Last edited by superchargedk20; 08-04-2012 at 10:45 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information