Yeah everyone is tired of replacing tranny's haha

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    Ugh. Only if I was a rich man

that guy w/ the face poeticfinesse21's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superchargedk20 View Post
    Ugh. Only if I was a rich man
    Amen

So u went through synchrotec and the tranny sucked? What's ppg?
    No, I had them treated by an Ex vedor here that blew smoke up my ass. PPG is short for Pfitzer Performance Gearbox. http://www.ppgearbox.com.au/

Seriously... rebuild it yourself. It isnt hard. I was scared to pop a trans... after i did it i felt like a sissy punk face for waiting so long to do it. The only real 'special tool' you need is a press and a 14mm allen... the rest is basic hand tools and plenty of patience. $600 will rebuild your trans with OEM parts... unless you really effed things up in there.

If youre gonna play with power... youre either gonna pay a lot to fix your shit, or teach yourself how to do it and save the $ in the process.

What Ba82Ep3 Said:

Here is what mine looked like last weekend

I too was afraid to do this and granted my friend did all the work. I saw how he did it and felt I could do the same. Very simple.

Also, Honda MTF will leave a sludge like build-up I noticed in mine. Going with Synchromesh + when it goes back in. I am interested in seeing how the carbon synchs and new 4.3 FD help out why cruising.

With that said, with about $100 in a press and the 14mm allen you should be able to do it yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Almost Fast View Post
    Also, Honda MTF will leave a sludge like build-up I noticed in mine. Going with Synchromesh + when it goes back in.
    Agreed +10000x

I hate the residue it leaves behind. Build the trans using a synthetic (i used M1 0w30) and synchromesh fluid during use. My carbon syncs this time around have been just fine on the synchromesh. Ive been VERY pleased...

Hmmm I always heard good things about Honda mtf... Supposidly new formula. I used to run the penzoil synchromesh, untill I got a 3 rd gear scratch. Did carbon synchros for the scratch. 2 years later here i am :(. So back to penzoil synchromesh or something else?
    Last edited by superchargedk20; 08-05-2012 at 11:01 PM.

Use a quart of the Pennzoil SM and top the trans off with GM's SM with the friction modifier additive. Slicker than owl shit...

that guy w/ the face poeticfinesse21's Avatar
    Has anyone tried redline MTL? I used to run it on my old DB8 integra and it was great but with my EP, I always stuck with honda MTF. After seeing those pics, I might go back to redline...
    Last edited by poeticfinesse21; 08-05-2012 at 11:17 PM.

Yeah. The blackish looking stuff in my case was from honda mtf (20-30k) miles worth. It has sense been cleaned out.

ive been using amsoil in mine since i rebuilt it. hardest part for me was that snap ring. god i hate that snap ring..

LOL yah the snap ring can be a pain... i hated the white gutter plate. It always wanted to drop out when trying to fit the case in place. A dab of HondaBond on each pin that holds the gutterplate in place solves that shit...

Shit... How much did those gears cost ? Where did u go to order. I want on their site and they got nothing for hondas

Edit: Dan actually showed me those. There so expensive. Like 5 grand right ?
    Yea I thought the same thing, I emailed them and they do make gears for the kseries trans, but their website doesnt show it for some reason. Anyways I bought mine from their US dealer Speedfactory. And yea they unfortunately were VERY expensive! I'll put it this way, my transmission build with labor is actually costing me more than getting my motor built and balanced/blueprinted.

I went to speed factorys website. It says 3850 for the full gear set . Is that what u paid? They also offer just the 3rd and 4th gears. Would it be possible to just run that and keep 1st and 2nd stock? Or is that just a bad idea ?
    Last edited by superchargedk20; 08-10-2012 at 09:53 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information