Close

Body kits and driving hard

For you guys with body kits that have been lowered any more than like an inch....do you have any problems driving hard into a curve and scraping any of your body kit parts?
    I ask because I like the way the Type R kits look, but would be afraid they might get a little banged up if I decided to take a nice little drive into the mountains.

If you are talking about just lip kits their ok yeah you might scrape if your lowered more than 1" I was dropped 2" on skunk2 lowering springs and scrapped everywhere

MANNY KID 15

Registered User mitchlikesbikes's Avatar
    scraping around turns is unlikely unless your car is dumped. scraping in gutters is what will get you

Registered User Her-Name's-Ally's Avatar
    my buddy is on H&R springs and has a front and rear lip kit. He was scraping everywhere when we went to the mountain. depends how low I guess

Don't lower your car like a ricer & you will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by cow View Post
    Words spoken by the Cow are law

Quote Originally Posted by cow View Post
    Now if you find yourself driving so fast that no road can contain you...literally, your gonna mess some stuff up no matter how un-low you are.
    I attack the hillcountry a few counties over and the most serious damage I end up with is mostly gravel and overspray on the wells and lower quarters.

Quote Originally Posted by tinman5 View Post
    Now if you find yourself driving so fast that no road can contain you...literally, your gonna mess some stuff up no matter how un-low you are.
    I attack the hillcountry a few counties over and the most serious damage I end up with is mostly gravel and overspray on the wells and lower quarters.
    Than you shouldnt drive it like u stole it around hillcountry area dude. If road is messed up slow down and take the right lane. Cow is right. If your not ricer low, you are fine

I was kinda wondering because I like the TypeR kits, but I live in the mountains, about an hour away from The Dragon. I like to drive out there every now and then and have some fun. I don't get to go as slow as I'd like, but I have other places I like to go. Not to mention I'd like to maybe autocross one day.
    This is funny...I'm in school and won't evevn be able to afford ANY of this shit until I graduate. Hey, I like to window shop! Leave me alone! hahahaha

I had a CTR front lip on my car & autocrossed for years with nary a problem. I never drove my EP3 to US129, but I didn't have problems there in my much lower 350Z with a Mines' front lip & APR splitter or my Evo with OEM lips.

Quote Originally Posted by EUB44 View Post
    Than you shouldnt drive it like u stole it around hillcountry area dude. If road is messed up slow down and take the right lane. Cow is right. If your not ricer low, you are fine
    I wasn't complaining about the damage. I was refering to the cats that actually lose it and drive off the road. Doesn't matter how low or not you are, youre messing up your ride. I always feel bad to see a nice car get nicked.

Quote Originally Posted by tinman5 View Post
    I wasn't complaining about the damage. I was refering to the cats that actually lose it and drive off the road. Doesn't matter how low or not you are, youre messing up your ride. I always feel bad to see a nice car get nicked.
    That's kinda what I was thinking. Like I said, I love the Type kits, but if I were to pay $4k and drive the car fairly hard every now and then, and nick the kit up any? I would be PISSED!!!

Thread Information