Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_Angle View Post
    I was told by two different people on k20a.org that the 50*vtc is ok with stock cams. I've been running on the 50*vtc for years with no issue.
    Well sheesh! haha, I was first sold on the free part from the EP3, but now that I realize I can probably get the TSX VTC cut for cheap, means I can keep the A3 intact and possibly have an easier time selling it....

Quote Originally Posted by ryboto View Post
    Interesting....what do you make of the threads I posted where the users had the ep3 manifold and reported very good numbers? I suppose they're close to the max PRC numbers for torque...
    They look ok but it's on Church's dyno so it's all inflated and hard to compare. I ran the stock EP3 manifold and then switched to the RBB.. It was much better. PRC is better than the PRB but not much.

They look ok but it's on Church's dyno so it's all inflated and hard to compare. I ran the stock EP3 manifold and then switched to the RBB.. It was much better. PRC is better than the PRB but not much.
    Yea, I figured it was probably related to differences in the dyno's. Sticking with the RBB would be nice, I'll try to do something wacky to get the stock airbox to fit, or do something else all together.

that guy w/ the face poeticfinesse21's Avatar
    What was the safety recommendation? 45deg? I may do it, just because I'll have time to get it machined before now and the swap...aside from the hondata page, is there a diy anywhere, or a post that shows the mod with measurements?
    From what I've read 45deg is the safe recommendation but some go with 40deg for extra safety. There's a guy on k20a.org that does the modification (for a price of course) but I can't remember his user name. I'll post it if I find it.

I was told by two different people on k20a.org that the 50*vtc is ok with stock cams. I've been running on the 50*vtc for years with no issue.
    Do you have it set in k-pro for the full 50deg? I've read that after 45deg you get piston contact but if you can run the full 50deg, thats great. What year K24A2 is it?

Here is a church dyno of the a stock TSX with bolt on's using the RBB. Not a direct comparison but decent to the links listed above.

Article
    http://www.importtuner.com/powerpage.../photo_10.html

As for VTC, I run up to 45 degrees.
    Last edited by Slip_Angle; 08-03-2012 at 05:24 PM.

Here is a church dyno of the a stock TSX with bolt on's using the RBB. Not a direct comparison but decent to the links listed above.

Article
    http://www.importtuner.com/powerpage.../photo_10.html

As for VTC, I run up to 45 degrees.
    So...if we assume we can compare church dyno's to one another, the PRB seems to produce a little bit better numbers here? They do seem pretty close though...

So...if we assume we can compare church dyno's to one another, the PRB seems to produce a little bit better numbers here? They do seem pretty close though...
    In the thread that is labelled "100% stock 06 TSX K24a2" - The RBB has better torque in the low to mid where as the PRB is better at 6000 but it's very short lived. Keep in mind also that the TSX they dyno'd has a stock exhaust so the numbers should be better for the prb.

As for the thread labelled "finally tuned! k24a2 dyno - It sure looks good. His un-tuned numbers seem to match up with the dyno from "100% stock 06 TSX K24a2" but are shifted 1000rpm back. It would seem to me that the exhaust/header combination works very well. This may be a case where he just accidentally stumbled on a great intake, intake manifold, header, exhaust combo and the scavenging is really good. Interesting for sure.

Ultimately these comparisons have some merit but unless compared back to back on the same car we can't come to a conclusion. The only direct comparison is the one I posted above.

Quote Originally Posted by poeticfinesse21 View Post
    From what I've read 45deg is the safe recommendation but some go with 40deg for extra safety. There's a guy on k20a.org that does the modification (for a price of course) but I can't remember his user name. I'll post it if I find it.

Do you have it set in k-pro for the full 50deg? I've read that after 45deg you get piston contact but if you can run the full 50deg, thats great. What year K24A2 is it?
    04 K24a2 /w 06 cams.

45* is the max I run, although If I recall correctly I did do a dyno run at 50*.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information