Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    see ive priced kpro and its way too much 2,000$ is less than i paid for the car and the shop told me 900+ for the ecu another 600+ for the actual kpro to be installed and 500 for a tune why do that when i can buy a ecu out of a wrecked itr or ctr or one off here for less than 500 but idk and i have no way to post vids on here

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by epctr04 View Post
    see ive priced kpro and its way too much 2,000$ is less than i paid for the car and the shop told me 900+ for the ecu another 600+ for the actual kpro to be installed and 500 for a tune why do that when i can buy a ecu out of a wrecked itr or ctr or one off here for less than 500 but idk and i have no way to post vids on here
    Um what? Why would u need 900 for an ecu? . You kpro ur existing ecu that ur running in ur car right now. And its qbout a grand to kpro ur ecu. And im sure there is a base map for u to run until ur ready for a real tune. And u paid under 2grand for this car ? What a steal

see but y is it so expencive just for a ecu program? i can chip tune and run a d or b series ecu for under 100 bucks but k series is 1000 i just dont understand does anybody sell theirs? and is it all plug and play? or is there more needed then that and see i need somebody to go for a ride with me so they can understand what im talking about but i dont know anybody around here that has any thing k series

honestly i paid two payments of 110 bucks for the car lol yea like i said deal i couldent turn down and i traded him my built 95 eg coupe

Registered User mitchlikesbikes's Avatar
    you got the car for that cheap and you're worried about spending 1000 on k pro to get the most out of it? B/D series guys are always bitching about how expensive k series are but the reward you will get for that much money beats a D or B series any day. either do it properly or sell the car to someone who will, profit, and keep building boring B series cars haha

a wise man once said "you can't just jump into the ring because you think you can box"

do your research, save your money, and do it right. your 100 dollar tune on a b series will NEVER feel as good as a tuned k20a on k pro. i can assure you of that.
    Last edited by mitchlikesbikes; 08-03-2012 at 01:52 PM.

hey lol i have had alot of fun with the car belive me its just alot of money to spend and i would still have to buy another ecu to use while i sent it to them to get kpro'd

come by monday night to the springfield plaza meet. i could take a look for you.

i cant man i work till 9pm all week long till saterday im goign to the midcoast mega meet in manasses on sunday the 5th if u could stop by i would be glad to let u look or give me a call sometime pm me

and is kpro really worth it is the question im asking now what makes it so much betther then just getting a type r ecu either ctr or itr

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    The turn around rate to get ur ecu is literally one day. You dont have freinds that can drive u for like 3 days tops?

not really between mine and my wifes scedual and no other car its impossible i work 8 am to 830 pm everyday mon-sat and sunday is the only one i have off

well after ferther review and some help from a new friend i found out that im running the stock k20a3 ecu and thats why i dont have any power after 6,200 so now the search is on for the correct ecu anybody that has any laying around pm me and ill pay 4 shipping if price isnt too cra cra lol please let me know asap i dont wanna damage this engine

EDIT: F*$^ me for not reading....
    Before you do ANYTHING! I would pop the valve cover to check which engine you indeed do have. 2 lobes on the Intake cam and 1 on the exhaust cam would mean it's an EDM/JDM k20a3. 3 on the Intake and 2 on the exhaust would confirm that you have a true k20a motor.

I would check that first before anything, it really would suck to see you trying to find the wrong ecu/tune for the motor you have.

Now... onto the reason I'm skeptical about this happening.
    Just dealt with this talking to ep3jd over the phone. He bought a new k20a3 from jdmengine depot, came with a plastic In. Mani. just like the base rsx. However! The block is stamped(like yours) as a k20a. In the matter of his case It's a JDM/EDM k20a3. The block is stamped k20a, but it's basically a base rsx style k20a3 motor. Try to see if a k20a3 ECU or kpro with a3 basemap will fix this for you.

Again though, to recap.. The real way to check is to pop the oil cap or valve cover and check out the cams, how many lobes are on the intake cam?
    Last edited by whatsvtec; 08-04-2012 at 03:09 PM.

ok thanks guys im gunna check the cams befor i go to the mega meet tomorrow in manasses and it is running the stock k20a3 ecu i found that out today thanks to jwdep3 and im gunna check the cams out tomorrow heres another question if i grab some type-s cams would it help for power any? and im looking for a rsx ecu i know the auto ecu wont work at all i guess? any opinions or help pm me or reply on here i check it every few hours that im awake lol but let me kn ow what you got laying around im interesting in buying one asap

i know im not engageing vtec at all unless its engageing at the stock a3 ecu rpm band which is 2,800 rpms if i rember what ive heared b4 from other ep3 owners but im not 100% sure anybody know a site or a page that has ecu info or engine info please let me know thanks guys

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information